We use Aspose with some heavy operations. We noticed an increase in the overall time processing an Excel file. For example, one full run was taking 00:00:05.2110072 on 18.7. Then, on 19.1 it became 00:00:40.5239925. The preview for 19.1.6 it increased to 00:00:53.4297953. All these times were measured today under the same conditions. Is there any change that could have caused this increase in time processing?
Thanks for your query.
Every new release contains lot of bug fixes, enhancements, new features and performance improvements. No such issue is reported yet regarding the latest releases where performance is degraded. Please share your sample file(s), if any, and runnable code snippet with us for our testing. We will reproduce the problem and provide our feedback after analysis.
Here it goes. Sorry for taking long. The times I measured with the attached project in particular:
I run in the same sequence as I pasted. When I retried the first case (18.7) it was a second faster.
AsposeTest15.zip (201.1 KB)
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.
This issue has been logged as
CELLSNET-46584 - Performance Issue
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.1.8 (attached):
Your issue should be fixed in it.
Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.1.8 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.7 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.1.8 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.8 MB)
It seems much better. Thanks
(These numbers are from now)
Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the hotfix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.