Post sales quesion for Aspose.Pdf for .NET

Hello,

SealSoft has purchased Aspose.Pdf for .NET V17.8.0 - OEM Subscription License on 21-Aug-2017.
We got the follow email from the customer.

Could you please help to answer this customer’s question?

============ Customer Questions ===========

I have an error of time out when I convert attached aspose_err.pdf to other file type(For exemple : pdf to doc, pdf to docx, pdf to ppt, pdf to xls) by aspose.pdf for .net.

Can you please confirm and test the attached file and help me?

============ Customer Questions ===========

I could not attached the sample pdf file. Can you please download that form FTP below?

ftp://j4p4n-up104d:J4p4nS3cur3P455!@ftp.componentsource.co.jp\aspose_err.pdf

Could you please assist?

Thank you.
Best regards,

Thomas
ComponentSource

@ThomasMBK

Thanks for contacting support.

We have tested the scenario in our environment by converting your shared document into mentioned formats and were able to notice System.ArgumentException only in PDF to PPTX and PDF to DOCX conversions. Rest of the conversions were completed successfully resulting valid documents. For your reference, we have attached obtained outputs as well.

Outputs

However, we have logged issues as PDFNET-43350 and PDFNET-43351 in our issue tracking system for PDF to PPTX and PDF to DOCX conversions respectively. We will further investigate the issues and keep you updated with the status of their correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Now concerning to the time out error, since we were unable to notice that, would you please share some more details like OS Version, Application Type, Target Framework Version, Debugging Mode etc. So that we can test the scenario in specific environment and address it accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

PS: It is recommended to use x64 mode of debugging while working with files of large size.

Thank you for your help.

Here are customer’s details. Please also check attached images.

OS Version : windows 10 pro 64bit
Application Type : WinForm
Target Framework Version : net 4.5
Debugging Mode : Any cpu

Best regards,

Thomas
ComponentSourcedev_type.JPG (14.4 KB)
dev_build.JPG (43.3 KB)

@ThomasMBK

Thanks for providing environment details.

Please try the conversion after unchecking the “Prefer 32-bit” option in Build Settings of project, like I have shown in the following image.

Build Settings.png

In case if you still get time out error, please share complete exception details along with stack trace. We will further look into this and provide our feedback accordingly.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-43350) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.12.