Powerbuilder Support

PowerBuilder Datawindow PDF apis

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m moving your request to related forum; Aspose.Pdf. There one of my colleagues with answer you properly.

Best Regards,

Hi Balaji,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please share some details with us regarding your requirement, we will reply to you accordingly.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

I went through Apsose website and I am close by to what I am looking for. The contents are self explanatory, but I just to confirm

• Aspose.PDF for .NET has COM interface ?
  • if yes, can this product will process XPS file input

I can provide input file in XSL-FO or XPS. I want to have it converted into a PDF. Can you advice me, How I can achive this from any of your product suites. I am trying to interface Aspose with PowerBuilder win32 app.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for the details.

Please see the following replies as per your queries.

Yes, you can use Aspose.Pdf for .NET with COM. Please see the following documentation links for details:

Use Aspose.Pdf for .NET via COM Interop

Use Aspose.Pdf for .NET in COM Applications

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports both XSL-FO and XPS to PDF conversion. Please see the following documentation links for details and sample code.

Converting XSL FO to PDF

Convert XPS files to PDF format

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thanks for the response, can you please provide me some inputs on which version of Aspose.PDF for .NET should I use for testing with a PowerBuilder win32 app. I see the latest as 7.5.0, but while installing the same I am receiving an error message that the system cannot open the device.

Hi Balaji,

The latest version of Aspose.PDF for .NET is v7.5 (the one you are using). We have checked the installer application and it works fine without any issue. Please provide us more information regarding the error message you are getting and provide us the details about your system environment i.e. OS, 32 bit or 64 bit machine etc. so we can check this issue further.

Alternately, you may download the Aspose.PDF for .NET v7.5 (DLLs Only) and try the manual installation and registration of Aspose.Pdf.dll
as per the below links.

In case you still face any issue, please feel free to contact support.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks for the inputs, installation with the dll worked for me on windows 7 64 bit. but can you please confirm, whether I can convert XPS document to PDF using COM interface. I am using following code snippet to mimic the .NET implementation using PowerBuilder which is a win32.

OleObject AsposePDF, XPSoptions, Doc
Integer li_return
AsposePDF = CREATE OleObject
XPSoptions = CREATE OleObject
li_return = AsposePDF.ConnectToNewObject("Aspose.Pdf.Document")
MessageBox("Aspose Document", li_return)

li_return = XPSoptions.ConnectToNewObject("Aspose.Pdf.Options")
MessageBox("XPS Options", li_return)

Doc = AsposePDF.Document("c:\asposepdf\receipt.xps",XPSoptions)
AsposePDF.Save("c:\asposepdf\receipt.pdf")

I am getting errors like the class name does not exist. Can you please provide me an example of how COM interface can be used for document conversion. I am specifically interested in Aspose.pdf.

Thanks & Regards,

Balajni

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for the details.

We will look into your reported issue and will get back to you. Please be patient and give us some time to test the COM interface issue as per your requirement.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks for the response, can you please expedite, since we are very close to the decision making process.

Hi Balaji,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We understand your urgency but please spare us sometime for further investigating the scenario at our end, so we can guide you accordingly.

Thank you for being patient,

Hi Balaji,

Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation. I’m trying to replicate your issue. I will really appreciate you, if you can please share your sample project here for testing? So we look into the issue and provide you information.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,