PowerPoint document with mailto links is destroyed by Aspose.Slides Open/Save

Hi,
When a PowerPoint file contains mailto links then a simple Aspose.Slides Open/Save destroys document. The file becomes 0 bytes long.
We are testing using Aspose.Slides version 18.5.0.0.

Attached are AsposeSlidesMailLinksIssue.zip that included the following files:

1. OriginalWithMailLinks.pptx, the original document file from customer, that will get destroyed by Aspose.Slides Open/Save.
  2. WithoutMailLink.pptx, same as above except that mailto links are has been removed. This document file will not be destroyed by Aspose.Slides Open/Save.
  3. AsposeSlidesOpenSaveTest.aspx, code we use for Aspose.Slides Open/Save.

I really hope that You can help. In situations like this we need to protect our customers faith in Aspose.

Thanks and kind regards
Sven Andersen
AsposeSlidesMailLinksIssue.zip (521.7 KB)

@HIGHSTAGE,

I have worked with source files shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.5 and unable to observe any issue. I have also shared my generated result with you for your kind reference. Can you please share sample project along with environment details so that we may further investigate to help you out.OriginalWithMailLinks12.zip (251.4 KB)

Thanks, I will try to boil the project down to a manageable size and post it for you. Meanwhile, maybe this stack trace can give you a clue:

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

Stack Trace:
[UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.]
System.Uri.CreateHostStringHelper(String str, UInt16 idx, UInt16 end, Flags& flags, String& scopeId) +8119794
System.Uri.CreateHostString() +138
System.Uri.EnsureHostString(Boolean allowDnsOptimization) +62
System.Uri.Equals(Object comparand) +808
Aspose.Slides.Paragraph.(Int32 , Int32 , Uri , IHyperlink ) +151
Aspose.Slides.Paragraph.() +209
Aspose.Slides. .(IParagraphCollection , , ) +234
Aspose.Slides. .(ITextFrame , , ) +958
Aspose.Slides. .(IAutoShape , , , ) +1013
Aspose.Slides. .(IGroupShape , , , ) +769
Aspose.Slides. .(IBaseSlide , , ) +75
Aspose.Slides. .(ISlide ) +278
Aspose.Slides. .( , ISlide , ) +193
Aspose.Slides. .(IPresentation , Stream , PresentationTypeEx , IPptxOptions , InterruptionToken ) +915
Aspose.Slides.Presentation.(Stream , PresentationTypeEx , IPptxOptions ) +155
Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format, ISaveOptions options) +159
Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Save(String fname, SaveFormat format) +62

ok, I boiled it down to a tiny C# console app. And the problem is gone if I use no license file (evaluation), like You tested. But if I add our Aspose.Total.lic license then the program crashes and the document is detroyed. I have attached a zip file with the project. I removed our license file since this is a public post, so You will have to add an Aspose.Total.lic license file in bin/debug folder. The test file is located in bin/debug folder. I hope You can reproduce.
Thanks and kind regards
Sven Andersen
AsposeSlidesTest.zip (9.9 MB)

@HIGHSTAGE,

I have worked with source code and presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.5 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-40241 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-40241) have been fixed in this update.