Powerpoint Presentation conversion to PDF produces flaws when checked with VeraPDF

The 635477.pptx is converted to PDF and subsequently to pdf format 2U.

Presentation pres = new Presentation(inputPath); 
            Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions pdfOptions = new Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions();

// Save presentation as pdf file.
            pres.Save(outputPath, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOptions);

See previous posts for the pdfformat 2U conversion. Running VeraPDF on this pdfA/2U document signals that:

“A content stream refers to resources not defined in an explicitly associated Resources dictionary”

Can you point out the reason for this? And how can it be remedied or avoided? This problem occurs in several other Powerpoint documents as well. I have attached the original Powerpoint, the PDF and the VeraPDF report.

635477.zip (173.9 KB)

@fransbloemen,
Thank you for contacting support.

The code example above produces PDF documents for conformance level PDF1.5. Besides, Aspose.Slides cannot convert presentations to PDF format PDF/A-2u. Please check the issue you described carefully.

API Reference: PdfCompliance Enumeration

Would you like Aspose.Slides to support PDF/A-2u?

Conversion to PDF/A-2u was done in a separate step from Aspose.Slides using Aspose.Pdf:

// open input Pdf
            Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(inputPath);

// Convert to different PDF compliant document
            // During conversion process, the validation is also performed
            PdfFormat myPdfFormat;
            if (Enum.TryParse(listBoxFormat.SelectedItem.ToString(), out myPdfFormat))
            {
                uint value = (uint)myPdfFormat;
            }
            else { /* error: the string was not an enum member */ }
            string logFile = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(inputPath) + "-log.xml";
            pdfDocument.Convert(Path.Combine(_outDir, logFile), myPdfFormat, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

// Save output document
            pdfDocument.Save(outputPath);

So why would this be a problem? Of course it would be convenient if Aspose.Slides supported more conformance levels, but I would expect Aspose.Pdf to take care of that?

@fransbloemen,
I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43178 to our issue tracking system. Our development team will consider implementing such a feature. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

I’ve moved this thread to Aspose.PDF forum. We should check the problem in Aspose.PDF. My colleagues will assist you further.

@fransbloemen

Please generate the PDF file from PPTX/PPT using the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.4 and attach it here for testing. Please get 30 days temporary license and apply it before generating PDF file. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-43178) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.11 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.