Powerpoint to PDF converion reducing file size

Hello

The PowerPoint to PDF conversion results in files that can be over ten times as large, and twice as large in most cases. I’ve tried changing the PDF options without any luck, is there any way that the output size can be greatly reduced? Is it possible to achieve a conversion ration comparable to using Office to convert the files?

Thanks

Hi Chris,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to understand the issue shared by you but in order to reproduce the issue on our end we need the source presentation, generated PDF and code snippet that has been used to generated PDF. Please also specify which version of Aspose.Slides you are using.

Thanks and Regards,

We’re encountering the same problem. We’re using Aspose Slides 5.0 per the dll version in the references. We tried applying the JpeqQuality down to 50 but the pdf file size still comes out at 5 mb. Is there an issue with 5.0 version? Has it been fixed in recent version?

Thanks,

Wade

This is the code in place to attempt at pdf file size reduction:

Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions oPDFOpts = new Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions();

oPDFOpts.JpegQuality = 50;

oPDFOpts.SaveMetafilesAsPng = true;

oPDFOpts.TextCompression = Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfTextCompression.Flate;

oPDFOpts.Compliance = Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfCompliance.Pdf15;

ppPres.Save(fileName, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf, oPDFOpts);

Hi Wade,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the code snippet but in order to reproduce the issue on our end, I request you to please share the source presentation along with generated PDF with us. We will investigate the issue further and will add that in our issue tracking system for resolution.

Many Thanks,