PPT- Excel cannot support chinese charaters when convert to PDF

Hi ,

We are tring the Aspose Total for JavaAspose Total for Java.

When we use the java engine convert office to PDF, the chinese charaters in the excel and ppt files are not displayed well after be converted to PDF file.

And the Russian charaters in the Doc file are not displayed well after be converted to PDF file.

So does Aspose Total for javaAspose support those charaters I mentioned above?

Or did we make something wrong?

Please help about this. Thanks.

Hi,

I am a representative of Aspose.Cells team and would reply regarding Excel to PDF conversion where you find Chinese chars are not displayed fine in the rendered PDF file.

We recommend you to kindly try our latest version v7.3.3, you may download it here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry420504.aspx

Also, your issue might be related to fonts. Please make sure that the relative fonts are installed fine on your machine/pc. Please set the font directory first and see if it resolves your issue. In order to set the font directory, please use the following code. Please place the line at the beginning of your code before creating a workbook.
CellsHelper.setFontDir(“c:\windows\fonts”); //change the path to your font directory.
In case of Linux, use the directory path according to Linux syntax. e.g
CellsHelper.setFontDir(“/home/usr/test/winfont”);

Thank you.

Hi,

I am representing Aspose.Slides. I have observed the issue shared by you and like to suggest you using our latest available version Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.6 on your end. If there is still an issue on your end then please share the sample code along with source presentation and generated PDF. Please also share the Chinese fonts used on your end as well for necessary further investigation on our end. I will try my best to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am representative of Aspose.Words team. Could you please attach your input Word document (.doc file), you’re getting problems with rendering of Russian characters in PDF, here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Thanks for your quick reply. Please check attached file for the Russian charater testing.

And the chinese charater in doc,excel file issue has been fixed.

But the chinese charater in PPT be converted to PDF still does not work well.

Thanks.

Hi,

For PPT related issue please share the sample code along with source presentation and generated PDF. Please also share the Chinese fonts used on your end as well for necessary further investigation on our end. I will try my best to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the DOC file. In addition, as suggested by Mudassir, please also share the Russian font (TH Niramit AS) here for testing. Moreover, it may be that the problem occurs because the font you are using on your side does not contain glyphs for Russian characters. You should also note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents and otherwise it performs fonts substitution during rendering a document. So, if the font is not available when the document is rendered, it will be replaced with an alternative font which can destroy Russian text. To overcome this problem, you please simply install a Russian font on the machine, where rendering of the document is performed.

Best Regards,