PPT File : Aspose.ISlide.Hidden property always returns False Version 14.3.0

Hi Support,

I am trying to determine which slides are hidden or not in a presentation. With the latest version I found out that the Hidden property is always false for PPT files.

Sample Code

var ppt = new Presentation("Slides.ppt");
var hiddenSlidePpt = ppt.Slides[1];
Trace.WriteLine("PPt hidden property: " + hiddenSlidePpt.Hidden);

var pptx = new Presentation("Slides.ppt");
var hiddenSlidePptx = pptx.Slides[1];
Trace.WriteLine("PPtx hidden property: " + hiddenSlidePptx.Hidden);

Output

PPt hidden property: False
PPtx hidden property: True

Please find attached Slide.ppt and Slide.pptx the files used for my tests. The second slide of each of these files is hidden.

Thank you,
Lea

Hi Lea,

Thank you for sharing the sample files.

We are able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: SLIDESNET-35397 . You will be notified via this forum thread once the issue gets resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

I am experiencing the same issue using version Aspose.Slides 14.7.0.0

Is there any update or resolution for this?

Thank you.

Hi Lea,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue is still unresolved. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Perhaps this is unrelated, but I notice that when I instantiate a Presentation object from an existing .ppt format document, the Presentation.FileExtension property = “.pptx”. This happens even if I explicitly use Aspose.Slides.LoadFormat.Ppt

Hi Lea,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I request you to please share the sample presentation and code sample used for your verification. I will investigate it further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Dim fi As New FileInfo(filename)
Dim loadopts As New Aspose.Slides.LoadOptions()

If fi.Extension.Equals(".ppt", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase) Then
    loadopts.LoadFormat = Aspose.Slides.LoadFormat.Ppt
ElseIf fi.Extension.Equals(".pptx", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase) Then
    loadopts.LoadFormat = Aspose.Slides.LoadFormat.Pptx
End If

pres1 = New Presentation(filename, loadopts)

pres1.FileExtension is always “.pptx” when I open a .ppt source file

Hi Lea,

I have observed the sample code shared by you but unfortunately the requested source presentation creating issue on your end is still missing. However, I have tried loading a PPT on my end and then used the following sample code to get the source format. It gave me PPT for a PPT source format presentation.

pres.SourceFormat

Please try using the above property and if there is still an issue then please share a sample project and sample presentation reproducing the issue on your end so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan