PPT to PDF: Extremely conversion performance (.NET)

Hello -

I’m experiencing EXTREMELY slow speeds trying to save the attached as a PDF using Aspose.Slides for .NET (Windows).

EOL Pricing ModelPict.zip (150.0 KB)

This is taking upwards of 30 minutes to save!

I tried going slide-by-slide and found that slides 7-10 are the problem, which have charts with lots of points.

However opening in PowerPoint and Saving as a PDF saves in normal time.

Is there a way for me to analyze the file before saving to know that there is an extremely complex image here that I should skip? The biggest problem here is that the Save method doesn’t report progress, and there’s no way for me to cancel it without killing the process. So the computer just sits there for a half hour doing nothing and the user thinks it hanged.

Is there any workaround here?

Thanks!

@peter0302,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please first try using Aspose.Slides 19.12 on your end. In case the issue is still reproduced then please share the sample project along with Operating system and statistics achieved on your end.

Sure here’s a self-contained project, using Slides 19.12, that exhibits the problem. Note I reduced the problem presentation down to a single slide otherwise it would take a half hour to save!

SlidesTest.zip (137.0 KB)

My stats:

Windows 10 v.latest
Xeon 3GHz 4core, 16GB RAM

Reference slide: 00:01.6
Problem slide: 05:16.8

Besides fixing the problem substantively, is there any way to cancel the save without killing the thread or process?

Thanks!

By random chance I tried this PPT with an older version of Slides (17.3) and it saves in normal time.

@peter0302

Thank you for sharing the information. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-41674 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41674) have been fixed in this update.