PPTX fails to load with java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/aspose/metafiles/MetafilesException

Hi,
I’m trying to read and then write a TIF of a PPTX file (attached). The reading of the presentation fails each time (I’ve tried other files). I get this exception:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/aspose/metafile/MetafilesException
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.kh.do(SourceFile:441)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.nl.if(SourceFile:33)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.nl.if(SourceFile:40)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.nl.(SourceFile:17)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.pu.if(SourceFile:282)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.pu.(SourceFile:183)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.PresentationEx.(SourceFile:997)
at PptxTest.main(PptxTest.java:11)
=======
My code is:

import com.aspose.slides.;
import com.aspose.slides.export.
;
import com.aspose.slides.pptx.*;

public class PptxTest
{

public static void main(String[] args)
throws Exception
{
PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(“test.pptx”);
pres.save(“output.tiff”, SaveFormat.TIFF);
}
}

Hi John,

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I have been able to verify the issue as specified by you and it seems to be an inconsistency in Aspose.Slides. An issue with issue id 15414 has been created in our Issue Tracking System to fix the issue. This thread has also been associated with this issue, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi John,

You are missing the reference to Aspose.Metafiles in your class path. Please add that in your project.

Thanks and Regards,

Can you expand on this at all? I have the same issue but I have added aspose-metafiles-1.6.1-20100110.jar to my Referenced Libararies list and I still get the same error.

Hi John,

The exception that you have mentioned earlier referred to missing Aspose.Metafiles jar files. Can you please share the call stack again with us after you have added the Aspose.Metafiles reference. It may be possible that now source of exception may be something else.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I’m currently testing the new libraries before upgrading and I’m getting the same issue. The problem is that there is only a jar in the download for aspose.slides for java, there is no metafiles jar. Where should I get it?
Thanks

Estanislao Bosch

Found the download.
Thanks