Pptx file is failed to be saved

Using Aspose slides for Java 15.6.0.
When I try to save pptx file, I receive following:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't save PowerPoint presentation file
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.save(Unknown Source)

I can not provide you with the file, which fails to be saved, since this file is a client file and contains confidential information in it (not only text but media data as well).

What could be the cause for this?

To preserve typing on your end - I can not update to latest 15.8.0 since it contains critical bug, which was reported in your forum by several different people (example - Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError when saving com.aspose.slides.Presentation 15.8.0)

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that we need the presentation file to reproduce and investigate the issue. We understand your concerns of data privacy, that is why the attachments of posts are never public. Only the support team can download them. You may share the file privately with me by following these guidelines in order to ensure data privacy and security. Also, please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 15.7.0 on your end before sharing the file with us.

If the issue persists then please share the environment details and the presentation file, so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Sharing the file is not an option. Can you tell me anything useful based on the exception stack trace? when and what could be the reasons of such occurrences?
Possibly your developers would consider better policy for exception suppression - it seems that they just not logging underlying cause of the exception.

Right now we are in dead end, since you can not tell what is causing the errors and I can not give you the file and sequence of steps to reproduce it. The only way I see is to create a request to developers team to adjust logging for Presentation.save(OutputStream, int) to include underlying exception. This is like 2 minutes of their work to fix this through entire class.

Hi Andrey,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience on your end.

We really wish to help you further in resolving the issue occurring on your end but we need the information as requested by Adnan earlier. You are also aware of the fact the our product team need to reproduce the issue on their end before making any changes internally in exception messages even. You can share the presentation privately with us even by following these guidelines. We may even proceed with some custom exception message in stack trace when we will investigate the presentation and see the details of incurring issues. Otherwise at present Aspose.Slides is still throwing an exception in your case. I hope you will understand the limitations on our end and I will really appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
There is a legal issue here - I simply can not share with you file, which was entrusted to us by our client. And even if I gave you the file, I would not be able to provide you the code which is required to reproduce the issue - the code is spread all over our integration level with your library and it would require significant effort to come up with all the relevant code parts since we literally adjust all the elements, which hold any kind of text. More to that is that the issue is not 100% reproducible, it starts to appear only after our web application runs for some time. This fact leads us to believe that it might be related to java heap memory fragmentation.
That is why I am asking you to adjust exception handling in your code - that would allow YOU to see where the real exception is thrown from and tell us something meaningful. Suppression of exceptions in that way is generally a bad practice.
So please make this happen, since it’s the only choice we have to move this issue any further

Hi Andrey,

I have observed your comments and can understand the legal bindings and limitations on your end. Similarly, you may also understand the limitations for resolving any particular issue on our end and also aware of per-requisites for resolving the customer issues on our end. I will discuss the issue of elaborated exception message for your case with our product team and we will see what we can do to improve in this regard. I also request you to please share what message may be thrown in your case as well because the generic exception message java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldnt save PowerPoint presentation file shared can be mapped to many presentation saving issues.

Many Thanks,

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldnt save PowerPoint presentation file
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.save(Unknown Source)

This is a complete stack trace, nothing more to add. “Couldnt save PowerPoint presentation file” - is exception message. This is exception is thrown from Presentation.class. That’s why I am assuming that real exception is suppressed, without logging.

Hi Andrey,

I have discussed the issue with our product team and like to share that this issue may arise if slides can not write data to a file / stream. The probable issue is with I/O in your environment. Can you please verify this on your end. Also, after further discussion with our product team, we will add the complete stack trace for such issue in upcoming product version. I hope this will suffice your needs.

Many Thanks,