PPTX getThumbnail() window

I am in the process of converting my application to generate PPTX files instead of PPT.

One feature I am having trouble with is generating a thumbnail for a specified window of a slide. I could accomplish this using PPT format with

public java.awt.image.BufferedImage getThumbnail(float scaleX,
float scaleY,
java.awt.geom.Rectangle2D.Float window,
IDrawingControl drawingControl)

where window specifies the portion of the slide to draw.

Is there any way to implement this using PPTX format? It doesn't seem to be possible any more using getThumbnail(). Is there another method that does this? Are there any possible workarounds?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

We are sorry for the delayed response. I have requested the development team for any possible work around. I will update you as soon as soon i receive feedback from the development team.

Thinks and Regards,

Hi,

anything new on this issue? Will be the IDrawingControl allowed for PPTX?

Best regards,
Michal Skala

Hi Michal,

I regret to share that the desired feature is still unavailable. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33179 as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing the feature support. With this issue created now, you will be notified accordingly once the feature will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

anything new about this case?

Michal

Hi Michal,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that concerned issue for generating the slide thumbnail for specified window inside slide is unavailable in Aspose.Slides. The issue is blocked owing to unified API release which is in progress and will be available during Q1 of 2014. Once the unified API for Aspose.Slides (Single API for PPT and PPTX) will be rolled out the concerned issue will be resolved afterwards. We will share the good news with you as soon as the feature will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33179) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Michal,

We have investigated your request for generating the slide thumbnail of desired portion of slide. I suggest you to please try using the following sample code to generate the slide thumbnail in first step then using getSubiamge() method of BufferedImage class to get the image of desired window portion in generated thumbnail.

BufferedImage image = presentation.getSlides().get_Item(0).getThumbnail(1, 1);
BufferedImage window = image.getSubimage(windowX, windowY, windowsWidth, windowHeight);

I hope this will be helpful. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33179) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.