PPTX -> Java2D

Dear Aspose Team,

For producing PDF and BufferedImages, i’m sure aspose uses the Java2D Graphics2d context. In my project it would be very benficial to be able to pass the java.awt.Graphics2D device to Aspose on where Aspose shall draw the slides to. That way we could use Aspose in much different scenarios and are not bound on the limited capabilites of the Aspose output options.

This would enable users of Aspose to draw:

slides/Presentations on Swing UI

Slides/Presentations on Any other Graphics2D device

Advanced PDF libraries

PostScript output

PCL Output

TIFF, PNG, JPEG …

Is this the right way to request a feature/interface? If not please let me know on where to place the request.

Regards

Marco Meyer

Hi Marco,

I have tried to understand the requirements shared by you. I would request you to please share the complete requirements with us so that I may add the request in our issue tracking system as new feature request.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

More concrete I would like to have an API to be used as follow:

// Just an example to get a Graphics2D context of a buffered image
// but could also be from a JFrame’s draw method or an other library
// like Batik ( Apache(tm) Batik SVG Toolkit - a Java-based toolkit for applications or applets that want to use images in the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) ) to draw an SVG
BufferedImage bufimage = new BufferedImage(200, 100,
BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB);
Graphics2D g2d = (Graphics2D)bufimage.getGraphics();

// let slides of a presentation to be drawn on the graphics 2d object passed
PresentationEx presObj = new PresentationEx(“/path_to_pres/presentation.pptx”);
SlideEx slideObj = presObj.getSlides().get(0);
slideObj.draw(g2d);

So the requested interface is a draw method on com.aspose.slides.pptx.SlideEx

/**
* draws the slide on the passed Graphics2D object.
*/
public void draw(java.awt.Graphics2D g2d)

Hope this is enough information about the requirement. If not, do not hesitate to ask for more information.

Thank you and best regards.

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks for sharing the further information. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33227 in our issue tracking system to further investigate the possibility of implementing the said feature.We will share the further information with you as soon as the updates will be available.

Many Thanks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33227) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.