PPTX Slide Cloning Failure with latest .NET drop (Aspose.Slides 4.1.1.0 + Aspose.Pdf 4.1.0.0)

Still continuing my evaluation of the product,

Objective:
Clone a Slide from a PPTX to same PPTX

Details:

Using Aspose.NET with versions Aspose.Slides 4.1.1.0 and Aspose.Pdf

Issue: Exception as follows,

Unhandled Exception: Aspose.Slides.PptReadException: Error clonning slide —> System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: The ‘http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/mark
up-compatibility/2006:Ignorable’ attribute is not declared.
at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReaderImpl.InternalValidationCallback(Object sender, ValidationEventArgs e)
at System.Xml.Schema.BaseValidator.SendValidationEvent(XmlSchemaException e, XmlSeverityType severity)
at System.Xml.Schema.BaseValidator.SendValidationEvent(XmlSchemaException e)
at System.Xml.Schema.XsdValidator.ValidateStartElement()
at System.Xml.Schema.XsdValidator.ProcessElement(Object particle)
at System.Xml.Schema.XsdValidator.ValidateElement()
at System.Xml.Schema.XsdValidator.Validate()
at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReaderImpl.ProcessCoreReaderEvent()
at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at nb.a(rq A_0, rq A_1)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at nb.a(rq A_0, rq A_1)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.a(BaseSlideEx A_0)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.SlidesEx.a(SlideEx A_0)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.SlidesEx.AddClone(SlideEx slide)
at demo.MainClassEx.Clone() in c:\work\MainPPTEx.cs:line 62
at demo.MainClassEx.Main(String[] args) in c:\MainPPTEx.cs:line 21

Code:

//Instantiate
PresentationEx class that represents a PPTX file

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx("d:\\pptx\\helloworld.pptx");

//Clone the desired slide to the end of the collection of slides in the same PPTX

SlidesEx slds = pres.Slides;

slds.AddClone(pres.Slides[0]);

//Write the modified pptx to disk

pres.Write("d:\\pptx\\helloworld_cloned.pptx");

Attachment:
The PPTX is attached.

Please help as we would like to make a purchase decision soon.
If there are any short-term workarounds, they are also appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Dhananjay,

I have been able to reproduce the problem as specified by you and it seems to be an inconsistency in Aspose.Slides for .NET. An issue with ID 15429 has been created on our Issue Tracking System to investigate and fix the problem. This thread has also been associated with this issue ID, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

1. When is the next release of Aspose that supports PPTX fully?

2) Upon Export - We are getting a error during cloning on this particular PPTX slide attached. See error below.

MasterSlideEx master = slide.LayoutSlide.MasterSlide;
    int index = pres2.Masters.AddClone(master);

------------error message

Aspose.Slides.PptReadException: Error clonning slide —> System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: The ‘http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006:Ignorable’ attribute is not declared.
    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReaderImpl.InternalValidationCallback(Object sender, ValidationEventArgs e)
    at System.Xml.Schema.BaseValidator.SendValidationEvent(XmlSchemaException e, XmlSeverityType severity)
    at System.Xml.Schema.BaseValidator.SendValidationEvent(XmlSchemaException e)
    at System.Xml.Schema.XsdValidator.ValidateStartElement()
    at System.Xml.Schema.XsdValidator.ProcessElement(Object particle)
    at System.Xml.Schema.XsdValidator.ValidateElement()
    at System.Xml.Schema.XsdValidator.Validate()
    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReaderImpl.ProcessCoreReaderEvent()
    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at q6.a(m9 A_0, m9 A_1)
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at q6.a(m9 A_0, m9 A_1)
    at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.b(BaseSlideEx A_0)
    at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.MasterSlidesEx.a(MasterSlideEx A_0)
    at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.MasterSlidesEx.AddClone(MasterSlideEx slide)
    at ComposerBL.BLComposer.CMExport(String strXmlCatalog) in F:\Freelancing\Odesk\RojProject\src\ComposerBL\BLComposer.cs:line 1673
    at ComposerWS.CMExport(String strXmlCatalog)

Hi Dhananjay,

The new release of Aspose.Slides for .NET will be available by the end of June hopefully.

I have tried to clone the slide in the shared presentation and exception is thrown. But, when I have opened both of your shared presentations in PowerPoint 2007 and just saved them then I am able to clone the slides from both presentations. Can you please like to share that which version of PowerPoint has been used for the generation of these presentations? Your feedback will be important for us in resolving the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

1. This presentation was not created by me, so cannot provide definitive details.
As the presentation is available in PPTX format, my guess is Powerpoint 2007 was used for creating it.

-- It is available from the following URL,
https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=c8d08684-40e5-4059-9d38-68295ddf78e1
-- After clicking on the above link, please be patient as acrobat.com site loads and prompts you to download the file.

2. Please help with bug fixes on supporting the PPTX format
-- I have another issue open for PPTX-->PDF conversion.
-- <A href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/93580</A><BR><BR>These are showstopper issues for us and stopping a purchase decision.<BR>Hopefully, you can deliver an interim patch before July availability of the next version.<BR><BR>Thanks.</P>

Hi Dhananjay,

We are extremely sorry for the delayed response.

I have requested the development team about the status of issues and awaiting their response. As soon as I receive the response from them, I will share that with you instantly.

Once again, I feel sorry for your nuisance,

Hi Mudassir,

After speaking to Salman over chat, he mentioned that this issue, as well as PPTX to PDF Fails with latest .NET drop (Aspose.Slides 4.1.1.0 + Aspose.Pdf 4.1.0.0) have been fixed.

Can you please confirm if a patch can be made available?
If not, when is the next release of the fixed SDK?

Thanks.

Hi Dhananjay,

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues specified by you have been resolved but I am still awaiting response from development team about the ETA of the fix for the issues. The moment, I will get any further feedback about the fix; I will share the information with you. I really appreciate your patience.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Dhananjay,

We are pleased to share the intermediate version of Aspose.Slides for .NET with you. Please proceed to this link for downloading the said version. The shared version contain resolution to your specified issue. Please use the shared version and feel free to share your feedback. We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15429) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.