PPTX split and Merge functionality with Slides 14.5

Hi Mudassir,
As you are aware, we use slides to split and merge PPTX files and apply a template while merging the PPTXs. This functionality was working but seems to be broken again recently. I am attaching 2 sample programs that we have tried to make this work but the results are not good.

Kindly let us know if there is any code change required or is this a new issue?
Thanks & Regards,
Vimal

Hi Vimal,

I have observed the sample code and presentation files shared by you. I have been able to generate the presentation on my end using the same sample code shared by you without any change. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated presentation as well. Can you please share the incurring issue on your end so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

The combined pptx output does not look like the original source pptx file. The images are iconized on all pages, text is flowing out etc. The expectation is that the combined PPTX file should look like the source presentation without any distortion.

I have verified this by utilizing MS Office to apply the template on the source PPTX file and deleting the original master slide and there was no change in the presentation / slides layout.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks & Regards,
Vimal

Hi Vimal,

I have observed the issue specified and have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34498 in our issue tracking system as regression to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Can you please provide ETA for resolution of this regression issue?

Thanks,
Ajesh

Hi Ajesh,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue has been added recently during last working week and is still pending for investigation. Our development team will schedule and investigate the issue on their end and I will be able to share the further feedback with you in terms of ETA after the investigation. I will really appreciate your patience till the time the issue is investigated and feedback is shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Can you please move this to Enterprise Support and also let us know ETA for fixing this issue.

Also make sure not to increment the ES count since this is a regression.

Thanks,
Ajesh

Hi Ajesh,

I have observed the comments shared by you. I like to share that if you wish to move this thread to Enterprise Support forum then the issue will have to be treated with Enterprise support priority level and counter will be decremented no matter it is a regression. In normal forums when the regression is shared then it is treated with High priority as against default Normal priority level. I have already logged this issue with High priority since it is a regression. If you wish to move this thread to Enterprise support forum, then counter will be decremented.

Please share your feedback in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Can you let me know the ETA for fixing this issue??

-Ajesh

Hi Ajesh,

I like to share that the issue has also been observed in Aspose.Slides for .NET internally. We have logged internal ticket to resolve the issue in Aspose.Slides for .NET first. Once it will be resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET, it will then be ported to Aspose.Slides for Java in next subsequent release. At present the issue is still unresolved.

Many Thanks,

Can you let me know the ETA for fixing this issue??

-Ajesh

Hi Ajesh,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue is still unresolved. Actually, the issue has been reproduced in Aspose.Slides for .NET as well. An internal ticket for its resolution in Aspose.Slides for .NET has been created and once it will be resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET, it will then be ported to Aspose.Slides for Java in next subsequent release. I have also requested our development team to share the further updates in this regard as well and will share them with you as soon as the feedback will be shared by them.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34498) have been fixed in this update.