PPTX support question - timeframe and scope?

Hi, I’m just evaluating Aspose.Slides for an upcoming project and support for pptx would be a requirement for us. I’ve seen various posts here with different dates suggested for the pptx version, the most recent being November - is that still on track?

I’ve also seen some posts indicating that the initial release of pptx will not be fully featured compared to ppt - can you clarify? Our project will be related to extracting content from existing presentations (making bitmaps of slides, extracting text, images, etc) rather than constructing new ones. Will this functionality be in the first release?

I presume that the pptx support will use the same API as the existing ppt version and the developer using Aspose.Slides shouldn’t have to worry about which format the document being worked on is in - is this also correct?

thanks in advance.

Robin

The technical team is working on to provide pptx support. The functionality you mentioned are basic and will be covered in initial release and you will also be able to manipulate the existing pptx files. New APIs will be kept as similar to old APIs as possible.

What is the status of the support for .pptx (PowerPoint 2007) files?

Eric

Dear Eric,

The beta release of pptx is expected in this month.

Thanks. When is it scheduled to be formally released?

Eric