PPTX to HTML in C#: Thickness of the Connecting Lines of the Chart Gets Thinner

Hi Team,

I am reaching out to report an issue regarding converting a PowerPoint file containing a waterfall chart into HTML.
The thickness of the connecting lines of Bar in the waterfall chart is not reflecting properly in HTML as it was in the original PPTX file.

We are currently using Aspose.Slides.Net 23.9.0, .NET Framework 4.8, and Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit OS.
Please refer to the attached “Issue.png” file for a visual representation of the matter.
Kindly note the yellow-highlighted section.

I would be grateful if you could investigate this issue and provide us a solution.
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Note: Kindly change the path in sample code as per your need

Thanks,

private void GenerateHTML()
{
    try
    {
        string path = @"C:\Workspace\Report\WaterfallChart.pptx";
        byte[] byteFile = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(path);
        MemoryStream reportTemplateStream = new MemoryStream(byteFile);
        using (Presentation presentation = new Presentation(reportTemplateStream))
        {
            ResponsiveHtmlController controller = new ResponsiveHtmlController();
            HtmlOptions htmlOptions = new HtmlOptions
            {
                HtmlFormatter =
                HtmlFormatter.CreateCustomFormatter(controller)
            };
            presentation.Save(@"C:\Workspace\Report\Output.html", SaveFormat.Html, htmlOptions);
        }
    }
    catch(Exception ex) { }
}

private void GeneratePPT()
{
    try
    {
        string path = @"C:\Workspace\Report\WaterfallChart.pptx";
        byte[] byteFile = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(path);
        MemoryStream reportTemplateStream = new MemoryStream(byteFile);
        using (Presentation presentation = new Presentation(reportTemplateStream))
        {
            presentation.Save(@"C:\Workspace\Report\Result.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);
        }
    }
    catch(Exception ex) { }
}

All Files.zip (67.3 KB)
Issue.png (59.6 KB)

@rkumarpa,
Thank you for reporting on the issue.

I’ve reproduced the problem you described when converting the PowerPoint presentation to an HTML document.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44233

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi Team, Issue status of SLIDESNET-44233 is showing resolved but when I verified it on version 24.1.0 it still exist. Thickness of connecting lines still vary in html & ppt. Can anyone please clarify ?

@rkumarpa,
Yes, the issue has been resolved. A fix will be included in Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.2. This release will be published in the second half of February. Thank you for your patience.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-44233) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.2 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.