Pptx to Pdf conversion - Poor image quality

Hi Team,

I am using “aspose.slides-14.10.0.jar” to convert Pptx to Pdf. The output Pdf has a very poor image quality. I am attaching pptx(input), pdf(expected and actual output) files. Also find below the code that I have used.

pres = new Presentation(ppt);
final PdfOptions opts = new PdfOptions();
opts.setJpegQuality((byte) 100);
opts.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(true);
opts.setTextCompression(PdfTextCompression.Flate);
opts.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.Pdf15);
pres.save(pdf, SaveFormat.Pdf, opts);
pres.dispose();

Hi Niku,

Thank you for sharing the sample code and template file.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: SLIDESJAVA-34716. You will be notified via this forum thread once the issue gets resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais,

I have used Java and .Net Aspose Slides component. The image quality in PDF is poor in Java but is very good in .Net. We have application in Java. Please let me know by when can I expect a fix for Java as it is critical for us to get a better image quality.

PFA. pdfs generated from Java and .Net

Hi Niku,

We are sorry for your inconvenience and like to share that we are working over improving the rendering of Aspose.Slides for Java to a standard that Aspose.Slides for .NET offers. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be resolved and appreciate your patience in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

We no more have an option to work any workarounds. The main aim to purchase the license is to convert pptx into pdf and I still see the image quality is bad with latest Aspose slides jar.

Can you please give us an update when this is getting resolved?

Attached is input ppt and output pdf from latest aspose slides jar. The quality is same as earlier jar from last year.

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

I have worked with the presentation file shared using Aspose.Slides for Java 15.5.1 with following sample code.

public static void TestPdfQuality()
{
String path=“D:\Aspose Data\”;

Presentation pres=new Presentation(path+“test_ppt.pptx”);

com.aspose.slides.PdfOptions opts=new com.aspose.slides.PdfOptions();

opts.setSufficientResolution(188);
pres.save(path+“Test.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf,opts);

}

You can try exploring the sufficient resolution property on your end. You will get improved results with increasing value of sufficient resolution. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated PDF. I hope this will be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Increasing the resolution is taking more time then expected to generate a pdf for simple contents. However I am afraid if we are going to have complex content in the pdf what will be the performance.

I do see a slight improvement in quality but not up to the mark as we have currently in PROD.

Do we have any simple solution other than increasing the resolution for whole pdf. Like converting images out of PPTX file to stand alone image etc?

Thanks,
Amit

Hi Amit,

I have observed your comments and like to share that you can set the sufficient resolution value that is meeting your expectations in terms of quality as well as rendering time. Actually, the default value is 72 and you can set any value above that to achieve improved results.

Can you please elaborate your requirement of converting images out of PPTX file to stand alone image. I have not been able to understand this requirement completely. Do you mean to extract image from presentation or create image of individual shapes on every slide.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34716) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.