PPTX to PDF: EMF failed to render in PDF (Java)

Hi,

I’m currently evaluating Aspose Slides (Java) and like it very much. There is one issue that keeps me from switching to the paid version:
When adding emf pictures to a presentation, they are shown as expected on every slide in high quality if the presentation is saved as PPTX. As soon as the presentation is saved as PDF, all the emf images disappear. The placholders for the images in the PDF remain empty/white.
Is there any workaround for this or is a EMF image currently not supported for the PDF export?

Here is my source code.

Presentation presentation=new Presentation();
    IPPImage ppimage = presentation.getImages().addImage(myEMFByteArray);
         	    	  ISlide slide=presentation.getSlides().addEmptySlide(presentation.getLayoutSlides().get_Item(0));
         	    	  slide.getShapes().addPictureFrame(ShapeType.Rectangle, 0, 0, 1280, 1024, ppimage);

presentation.save("/tmp/"+presFileName, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Thank you
Best regards
Max

@maxpower7,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.Slides does all exporting of added EMF image to PDF. I suggest you to please try using latest Aspose.Slides for Java 19.3 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the source files, generated PDF, working sample code and environment details (Java + Operating System) on your end.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz,

attached is the source code project + the generated pptx/pdf + the emf image.
The source code adds two EMF images to a slide. The first EMF image (2kb) is visible in the PDF, the second EMF (400kb) disappeared. You can see the difference in the pptx, which is showing both images correctly.
I’m using Aspose.Slides 19.3. Tested it with Windows & Linux, same issue.
I do also have exactly the same issue with Aspose Slide for .NET.

Let me know if you need anything else
AsposeSlidesEMF.zip (1.6 MB)

@maxpower7,

Thank you for sharing the information. I have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37631 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37631) have been fixed in this update.