PPTX to PDF - Frutiger Font Issue with Bold Property

When I create a PPTX presentation and try to save it to PDF, bold texts, which are using Frutiger fonts (Frutiger 45 Light or Frutiger 55 Roman) are export incorrectly. They are neither bold nor normal - please see attached files.
I was testing with latest Aspose.Slides for .NET - 19.5.0. This was working fine in old versions (for example: 16.7)

Could you tell me if there is a quick solution to this problem?

Attached you can also find sample project.

Screenshot_1.pdf (43.7 KB)
GeneratedFiles.zip (62.9 KB)
CodeAndTemplatePptx.zip (38.0 KB)

@ipeadmin,

I have worked with the sample file shared by you. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-41227 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. We will share good news with you soon.

@ipeadmin,

I like to inform that we have investigated issue on our end. Can you please share “Frutiger 45 Light” and “Frutiger 55 Roman” fonts to reproduce the issues, and also please try to save the presentation via PowerPoint into PDF with desired text formatted as bold to investigate expected result.

Attached you can find requested files.TestFiles_Issue.zip (397.6 KB)

@ipeadmin,

Thanks for sharing requested information with us.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41227) have been fixed in this update.

Just to say, we’ve found that this issue was fixed up until v20.7.0.
But with the latest version, v21.4.0, it’s broken again.

@ipeadmin,
Thank you for the information. I’ve logged the issue in our tracking system with ID SLIDESNET-42593. Our development team will investigate this case. I will inform you about any progress.

@ipeadmin,
Our development team investigated the issue. “Frutiger 45 Light” and “Frutiger 55 Roman” fonts have a style by default (Italic and Bold), therefore any PDF editors can not use a style parameter for the same fonts. For example, “Frutiger 45 Light” font has an Italic style by default and it can not have a Bold style in the saved PDF file. If you save the presentation to a PDF file via PowerPoint, you will have the same result. The saved PDF file will not have the Bold style for the “Frutiger 45 Light” font.

Thank you for the information, but to be honest I don’t understand the answer.
This functionality works fine in version 16.7, but not in the latest version, so for me this is a bug.

We are migrating our code to .NET Core and we have to upgrade also Aspose.Slides, but this issues is a blocker for us.
Do you need an example project?

@ipeadmin,
To investigate the issue further, please share and specify the following:

• PDF file generated using Aspose.Slides 16.7 (for the same presentation)
  • screenshot with the problem (unpressed button)
  • name of PDF editor you used

I was able to fix this issue by using below solution:

1. I specifed fonts that I needed using:

FontsLoader.LoadExternalFonts

and I embeded these fonts in the result:

saveOptions.EmbedFullFonts = true;

@ipeadmin,
Thank you for posting the message. We are glad that you have solved this problem yourself.