PPTX to PDF: Inordinately slow performance (Java)

We have identified two PowerPoint files in our regular test data that seem to take forever when using aspose-slides:19.7:jdk16 (up to aspose-slides:19.12:jdk16) to create PDF files.

Version 19.6 works, but only with xmx >= 3GB.

Sample data attached: .samples.zip (2.3 MB)

@nuix,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 19.12 on your end. Can you please share the machine statistics along with Operating system and Java details on your end using Aspose.Slides for Java 19.12 on your end.

As mentioned above, we have noticed the slow-down for all versions above 19.6, including 19.12.

@nuix,

I have observed your comments. Actually, in order to log a performance related issue in our issue tracking system, I requested you to please share the machine statistics along with Operating system and Java details on your end using Aspose.Slides for Java 19.12.

Hi, we can replicate this in at least two environments.

1. Windows 10, 80GB RAM, JRE 1.8 (1.8.0_172);
  2. Ubuntu 16, 80GB RAM, JRE 1.8

Thanks.

@nuix,

I have worked with the sample file shared and an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-38023 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be resolved.

Hi - we believe it is not only slow, but it hangs processing this item. We have left it running for hours with no result. This is a major regression we would like to have fixed as a priority. I believe we have enterprise support - so please escalate this appropriately. Thanks.

@nuix,

If you have subscription for enterprise priority support, then please make a request in Paid Support help-desk by sharing this thread link.

It didn’t work. When I tried to create a ticket there it said: " Your subscription has been expired, kindly renew your subscription." I checked out subscription and it is current and it has enterprise support.

Can you please escalate this manually for now and fix your system please.

@nuix,

I request you to please contact our Sales Team in Aspose.Purchase forum for resolution of issue related to your Enterprise support subscription. In the mean while, I am also going to contact Priority Support help-desk team to verify your subscription on their end too and raise the issue priority accordingly.

Thanks I did that. Has the issue been escalated?

@nuix,

We have verified internally and it seems their Paid Support subscription 180808225005 expired on August 23,2019. Please note paid support subscription lasts one year and should be renewed after expiration.

We have found only subscription with ID 180808225005 for Nicholas Klopfer-Webber. If you also have some other subscription ordered by someone else please share or log the issue with that. In case you still feel there is some issue then I suggest you to please consult our sales team in Aspose.Purchase forum.

Indeed - after having enterprise support for years it seems we no longer have it.

I hope in any case this ticket is escalated… as we have provided data and it is a nasty regression where what used to work now fails.

@nuix,

I regret to share that from free support forum we may not log an enhanced or priority support ticket. My humble suggestion to you in this regard would be to consult our Sales team for any incurring issue.

Hi - can we have an update please? We logged this in Aspose 28 days ago and expect this to be fixed quickly given this is a regression in functionality.

@nuix,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that it has been marked as resolve in upcoming Aspose.Slides for Java 20.2. We request for your patience and will share good news with you as soon as product will be shared online.