PPTX to PDF | Stream was too long exception | SLIDESNET-38259

Hi,

I’m experiencing an issue while attempting to convert 2gb PPTX to PDF. To be specific, I get the following exception:

"System.IO.IOException: Stream was too long.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at \u0005 .\u0002(Stream \u0002, LoadFormat& \u0003)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.\b(Stream \u0002)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.\u0002(Stream \u0002)"

I’ve found out that the same issue was already reported on this forum, here.
As far as I understood, there is a ticket, SLIDESNET-38259, for resolving this bug. So my question is: what is it’s status and is it going to be resolved in a nearest release?

Thanks

Best regards,
Pavel Hubich

Hi Pavel Hubich,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirement. You are using a fairly huge presentation on your end when exporting to PDF. I suggest you to please first try using .NET x64 assembly (which is available inside bin folder of installed Aspose.Slides) of Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.5 on your end. The x64 gives you enhanced program memory to deal with huge presentations on your end. Please also make your project x64 complaint in project build properties as well. I hope this will work for you. If there is still an issue then we will be needing sample project along with source presentation used on your end to reproduce the issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

By this link you can find the presentaion I’ve used.
By this link you can find the code sample I’ve used.

Thanks

Pavel Hubich

Hi Pavel Hubich,

I have observed the sample project shared by you and have found that you are still using .NET Framework 4.0 assembly instead of x64 .NET 2.0 assembly for Aspose.Slides for .NET. I have modified the sample project w.r.t Aspose.Slides x64 .NET 2.0 assembly reference. Can you please try this on your end. Moreover, I am trying to download the huge presentation file shared by you and will be testing that as well on my end once I am able to download that.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I’ve switched to the x64 .NET 2.0 assembly and still facing the same issue I described.
Also I’ve launched the modified project you sent me, and it fails to finish, so the presentation cannot be loaded anyway. And, frankly speaking, this is not the configuration I’m going to use in my project, as our app runs on .NET 4.5 and yours runs on .NET 2.0.
Please let me know when you try the to run sample project with the presentation I sent to you.

Thanks,
Pavel Hubich

Hi Pavel Hubich,

Thank you for sharing the feedback. I have tried downloading the presentation from your google drive link and it got terminated in between a number of times. Now, I have copied your presentation to my google drive account and it is at present getting synced on my machine. Since, it is a huge presentation, it is going to take some time. I will be be testing the presentation on my end as soon as it will be available and will share further feedback with you in this regard. I request for your patience till the time I investigate things on my end.

Many Thanks,

Hi Pavel,

I have tried to export presentation file to PDF in Windows 10 environment and execution did not completed in 8 hours. For this issue a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38991 has been already created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,