PPTX to SVG/HTML - The Text Content of the Bullet Font Is Set to Wingdings when Using a Custom Bullet

Steps to reproduce:

1. In PowerPoint, create a bullet list.
  2. Change the bullet style to use the Star bullet.
  3. Call presentation.Save(“test.html”, SaveFormat.Html)
  4. The resulting HTML renders the full bullet line, including the text, with the font Wingdings

This is the simplest way to reproduce the issue.

In my use case, I’m only interested in bullets inside a Table, and I’m calling ITable.WriteAsSVG directly.

I can also reproduce the issue by uploading the PowerPoint presentation on PowerPoint PPT to HTML Converter and choosing SVG format. The HTML format doesn’t have the problem on that particular site.

I tested it with Aspose.Slides.NET version 22.8.0.

I attached the PowerPoint file that I used and the HTML result.

Bullets Issue.zip (29.1 KB)

@ericm546,
Thank you for contacting support. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@ericm546,
As far as I can see, the Calibri fonts is missing on the operating system on which the conversion was performed. You should install the fonts or load them as external fonts in your app as shown below:

FontsLoader.LoadExternalFonts(yourFontFolders);

API Reference: FontsLoader class
Documents: Custom Font | Default Font

I hope this helps. If the issue persists, please share the following information:

• OS version on which the conversion was performed
  • .NET target platform in your app
  • list of system fonts installed on the OS

@ericm546,
With Aspose.Slides 22.9, you can check whether some font substitutions are performed. The following code example shows you how to do this:

using (Presentation presentation = new Presentation("presentation.pptx"))
{
    foreach (var fontSubstitution in presentation.FontsManager.GetSubstitutions())
    {
        Console.WriteLine("{0} -> {1}", fontSubstitution.OriginalFontName, fontSubstitution.SubstitutedFontName);
    }
} 

API Reference: FontsManager class