PPTX with large video files corrupts video (C# .NET)

Hi ,

Using Aspose.Slides.dll 18.11.0.0,

When converting PPTX file with large video files ,
the outcome pptx video files get corrupted ,

i suspect it might be video size , it is ok till 50MB (more or less),
and above such as 70 MB video file & up gets corrupted,

Aspose.Slides.Presentation doc = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(item);

doc.Save(args[0] + “\” + Path.GetFileName(item) + “.Pptx”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

please see attached files ,

@Austin_Powers,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please provide the source presentation and generated presentation files along with image showing error message upon loading the saved presentation. Since presentations are of huge size, you can host them on any file server or Dropbox and share download link with us. We will be able to investigate issue on our end on provision of requested information.

Hi ,
Please review the following 2 files:

https://ufile.io/5enfr
https://ufile.io/696qe

Thanks,

@Austin_Powers,

Thank you for sharing the files with us. I have observed the images as well as source and generated presentation files on my end. I have opened the presentation files in PowerPoint 2010 and observed Cannot Play media and Codec Unavailable messages for both source and generated presentations. So both presentations exhibit same behavior. Can you please verify the same on your end.

i’m using office 2016 on windows 10 1809 OS version ,
the Presentation opens at my enviroment without a problem ,
you might be missing codecs ?

i can describ how to reproduce the problem :
you can create a new pptx at your enviroment and just add a wmv video file that is sized 70MB & up,
(you can extract using winzip the wmv file inside WmvSample.pptx file iv’e uploaded
or just generate one yourself )

save it and try to convert it to PPTX using :

Aspose.Slides.Presentation doc = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(item);

doc.Save(args[0] + “\” + Path.GetFileName(item) + “.Pptx”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

@Austin_Powers,

I have worked with the issue shared by you and and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-40762 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hello ,

Has there been any progress regarding SLIDESNET-40762 ticket ?
it’s almost 8 monthes ago .

@Austin_Powers,

I have observed your comments and like to inform that this issue has been resolved in Aspose.Slides 19.2.

issue resolved ,

thank you.

@Austin_Powers,

It’s good to know things are working fineon your end.