Pre-Sale Question

I am evaluating vendors to help us solve the following requirement.

We need to gather user information on an web page, inject the data into a PDF of a US W-4 form (IRS) as well as US I-9 form. The user needs to enter his SSN into the PDF. The user needs to click on a specific area of the PDF ( a fake button for lack of better words) which then pops up a Javascript message box forcing the user to acknowledge his request by clicking OK in order to dismiss the Javascript alert. The click is the equivalent of an electronic signature (unless there is a better way to handle this).

How can your .NET PDF product address this requirement. Do you have any examples of similar work ,

We need to gather user information on an web page, inject the data into a PDF of a US W-4 form (IRS) as well as US I-9 form. The user needs to enter his SSN into the PDF.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to fill form fields. As per your above requirement, you can get the data entered by user in web page and use the same information to fill form fields. For further information, please visit Fill Form Field in a PDF Document

The user needs to click on a specific area of the PDF ( a fake button for lack of better words) which then pops up a Javascript message box forcing the user to acknowledge his request by clicking OK in order to dismiss the Javascript alert. The click is the equivalent of an electronic signature (unless there is a better way to handle this).

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thank you Nayer

Does Aspose support all this functionality against an existing PDF form that comes from the government (W4 / I9) . How do I manipulate such an existing form - does Aspose “read in” the form and present a design surface to work with , or does it convert it into an object and the dev needs to find locations for rectangles / buttons by trial and error.

Hi Thomas,

In order to deal with form fields in existing PDF document, first you need to determine/know the form field names. Form fields are accessed/assigned values based on field values. For further information, please visit Identifying form fields names

You may also check Working with Forms (Facades)