Predicting how much memory required to save a document

We are running into OOM condition when saving a document, how can we predict how much memory required to save a document?

Checking on the status of
WORDSNET-11575 - request to cancel a save operation
WORDSJAND-410 - Best way to free the memory used by a document and document builder

I am unable to find the Android version of 19.1 - when will it be available?
only thing I can find is this and it is not for Android Aspose Repository Browser /java/repo/com/aspose/aspose-words/19.1/

Once I have 19.1 I’m going to verify that the byte count works
WORDSNET-17739 BuiltInDocumentProperties.Bytes always seems to be returning zero (Fixed in 19.1)

@doug.dowell2,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSJAND-415. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the statuses of the linked issues.

Yes, WORDSNET-17739 is resolved in Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.Words for Java 19.1 versions and we will most likely include this fix in next ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ 19.1. The release date is not available at the moment. We will keep you posted on any further updates.

WORDSNET-11575: Add option to stop Document.Save method after specific time
Your thread has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as this feature is implemented.

WORDSJAND-410: Best way to free the memory used by a document and document builder
This issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue.

Please also ZIP and upload your sample input Word document throwing OOM exception along with piece of source code here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

@doug.dowell2

Regarding the linked issue WORDSJAND-415, can you please try the latest version of ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’ i.e. 19.4 and see how it goes on your end? The latest version also contains the fix of WORDSNET-17739 which means the BuiltInDocumentProperties.Bytes property should return a valid number of bytes which will help you determine the input document size. So, please tell should we close the ticket WORDSJAND-415?

Please keep the issue open until we can test. We are unable to test immediately due to schedule constraints. I will let you know as soon as it has been verified as fixed.

Thanks for your help!

@doug.dowell2,

Sure, we will wait for your further input on this topic.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11575) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.1 update also available on NuGet.