Presentation.Slides.AddEmptySlide(Layout) Should Not Include lstStyle and bodyPr

When try to add slide with Title layout, it should not copy all formats from layout to make sure user change easily reset slide to matching layout placeholder formats.
By the way, do not include the default text.

// Your version
image.png (8.4 KB)

// PowerPoint version
image.png (3.0 KB)

@islide,
Thank you for contacting support.

Please check your results using the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET if it is possible. If the issue persists, please share the following files and information:

• sample presentation file
  • code example that reproduces the problem
  • output presentation file
  • .NET target platform in your app
  • Aspose.Slides version you used

Please check the sample .net core 6.0 project include demo file in it.
The first slide of presentation1.pptx is generate by PowerPoint, run scripts to generate presentation2.pptx, check the second slide with PowerPoint, user cannot reset layout of slide 2.

ConsoleApp1.zip (24.2 KB)

@islide,
Thank you for the details. I am working on the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@islide,

I was able to change layout for the second slide. lauout.png (81.8 KB). Could you describe in more detail what you meant?

I have change the alignment of title placeholder to left in Title layout of Master, Aspose.Slides set the format of shape in normal slide to alignment center ( which copied from master shape), then use cannot reset layout to default format same as master.

Presentation2.zip (25.8 KB)
image.png (24.3 KB)

By the way, bodyPr or lstStyle cannot be set in normal slide placeholder, if we want to keep same format from master.

@islide,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the problem described above. Could you please explain step by step how to replicate it?

Please check the recording.
The first slide is added by PowerPoint, the second slide is added by Aspose.Slides.

1. modify slide master placeholder text alignment to right.
  2. reset slide 1, it’s right, text alignment sync with slide master.
  3. reset slide 2, alignment is wrong, and text alignment cannot sync with slide master.

Solution:
Remove bodyPr or lstStyle from slide placeholder shapes to make sure placeholder can sync with master formats.

CleanShot 2023-07-31 at 15.46.50.mp4.zip (6.6 MB)

@islide,
Thank you very much for the additional information. I’ve reproduced the problem you described.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44113

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-44113) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.9 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.