PresentationEx instantiation slow

Hi

We have some code which is executing within a server tomcat webapp which spends several minutes in the following method:

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(new FileInputStream(new File(sourcePath)));

Eventually it continues without error.

I have attached an example PPTX which leads to this. When I run this locally it takes around 16 seconds and when I create a standalone java app to run on the server it takes a similar amount of time. Can you help explain why this might be happening and whether there are any workarounds?

The following 2 lines are executed afterwards so perhaps there is a more efficient way to get the thumbnail?

SlideEx slide = pres.getSlides().get_Item(0);
BufferedImage image=slide.getThumbnail(1f,1f);

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt

1 Like

Hi Matt,

Thank you for sharing the template file.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue. As issue has
been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: SLIDESJAVA-34332 to further investigate
the performance. We will update you via this forum thread once there is any
update.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais Ahmad,

Could you tell me if there has been any progress on resolving this issue?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

I have checked the status of your issue in our issue tracking system and would like to share that your issue is under investigation. I have requested the development team to share the details and ETA once they are done with the investigation of the issue. As soon as I have the feedback, I will update you via this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

Are you able to provide any update on the resolution of this issue?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue is still unresolved. Actually, the issue is complex and is related with XML performance processing issues. I have requested our development team to kindly share the further feedback in this regard. I will share the updates with you as soon as they will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Are there any further updates on this issue yet?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

I am afraid, the issue is still pending for further investigation regarding the XML performance issues. I have asked the development team to share the details and schedule for further investigation. As soon as the information is shared, I will update you via this forum thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Matt,

I have received the following feedback from our development team.

I am afraid, we cannot significantly improve the performance. Aspose.Slides loads
all presentation styles, themes, etc. during first presentation loading
(it is like first time PowerPoint loads after PC starts). All following
presentations are loaded much faster. Also, it is recommended to use the latest version which has improved performance and all further updates will be done in the latest version.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34332) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.