Presentations with videos running out of memory when loading

Aspose Slides is running out of memory when loading a presentation with several videos. Is Aspose is trying to load all the videos in the presentation into memory in the Presentation ctor?

Is there any way to disable pre-loading of videos? We are just exporting thumbnails of the slides (one at a time) so we don't need the videos cached.

This is 32-bit .net process.

Stack trace:
at System.Object.MemberwiseClone()
at Aspose.Slides.VideoCollection.AddVideo(Byte[] videoData)
at ”.–”.ƒ‹•(ˆƒ videoPart)
at ”.–”.‘‹•(• package, IPresentation presentation)
at ”.–”.‰•(IPresentation presentation, Stream stream, ILoadOptions loadOptions)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.œa(Stream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.(Stream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation..ctor(String file, LoadOptions loadOptions)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation..ctor(String file)

Hi Nick,

I have observed the stack trace shared by you and request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.1.0 on your end. Also, there is x64 bit assembly available in Aspose.Slides package that you also please verify. If there is still issue then please share the sample presentation with us that is causing issue and I will help you further in this regard. Also, there is no feature of pre-loading of embedded videos in PowerPoint as well.

Many Thanks,

I downloaded Aspose.Slides 15.1.0.0 and got a very similar exception.

at System.Object.MemberwiseClone()
at Aspose.Slides.VideoCollection.AddVideo(Byte[] videoData)
at a’.–’.Œ“(“ videoPart)
at a’.–’.Œ“(“ package, IPresentation presentation)
at a’.–’.™‰“(Presentation presentation, Stream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.€›(Stream seekableStream)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Ÿ(Stream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation…ctor(String file, LoadOptions loadOptions)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation…ctor(String file)

It looks to me like the Aspose.Slides assembly is MSIL/AnyCpu - I don’t see a x64 specific version.

// Architecture: AnyCPU (64-bit preferred)

// Runtime: .NET 4.0

We need a version that will run on 32-bit machines anyway.

From the call stack I posted it seems like the ctor is extracting the video as a byte array and then duplicating the array. I would think that would use a lot of memory.

I can share the presentation with you - do you have a private location where I can upload it? Or I can share via google drive/folder if I have your Email.

I created a presentation w/ a very large video and get a slightly different out of memory error.

at •“.“.“‹(‡ zentry)
at •“.“.“‹()
at a’.–’.Œ“(“ videoPart)
at a’.–’.Œ“(“ package, IPresentation presentation)
at a’.–’.™‰“(Presentation presentation, Stream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.€›(Stream seekableStream)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Ÿ(Stream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation..ctor(String file, LoadOptions loadOptions)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation..ctor(String file)

I tried to upload it here but I keep getting an error from the site (perhaps it is too big).

I've temporarily put it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3FeiP9f5I97N2d5R3FnZC1PRmM/view?usp=sharing

let me know when you have it - I'll remove it from the google account.

Hi Nick,

I have been able to observe the issue shared on my end and have created an issue with SLIDESNET-36229 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36229) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz