Preserve Optional Hyphen Character (Char) 31 in Word Document during Converting Saving As DOC DOCX to PDF using C# .NET

A Word document that contains “optional Hyphens” (you can find by insert special characters or use shortcut CTRL±) is not displayed correctly when saved as pdf.

Attached the documents, one word and the generated pdf.

Any hints or ideas what we can change?

Thanks
Ernst

Dear Ernst,

Thank you for reporting us the problem.

This is known issue and I have linked your request to related record in our tracking system. We will inform you as soon as problem is resolved. Meantime I would suggest you how to work around this issue:

// Open document.
Document doc = new Document("in.docx");

// Remove optionalHypens from the document.
doc.Range.Replace(ControlChar.OptionalHyphenChar.ToString(), "", false, false);

// Save document to PDF.
doc.Save("out.pdf");

Hope this helps.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12163) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi.

Are you sure? I’m currently using version 10.3.0.0 but the

-

character still does not display well when saving as pdf

Please help!
Boudewijn

Hello
Thank you for additional information. It seems this problem was partially resolved, and there is still some problem with Hyphens. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.
Best regards,

Hi andreyN
Do you have any indication when this issue will be resolved?
Boudewijn

Hello
Thanks for your request. This issue is scheduled to be fixed in the next version (10.4.0). However, the issue is not fixed yet, so I cannot promise you that the fix will be included into the next version. If the fix will not be included in the next version then most likely, it will be included into the 10.5 version that comes out in a month after 10.4.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5141) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)