Preserve Shape Properties of Embedded Ole Object during DOC to RTF to PNG Conversions using C# .NET

Hi,

we're using Aspose.Words .NET 11.8.1 to convert a document to PNG. For internal reasons we convert that document to a RTF before saving it as a PNG. So the conversion goes like this: doc -> rtf -> png.

The code to test this looks like this:

private static void TestRender(string docFile)
{
Document doc = new Document(docFile);

//convert DOC to PNG
doc.Save(docFile + "_fromDoc.png", SaveFormat.Png);

//convert document to RTF
using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream())
{
doc.Save(ms, SaveFormat.Rtf);
ms.Position = 0;
doc = new Document(ms);
}

//convert RTF to PNG
doc.Save(docFile + "_fromRtf.png", SaveFormat.Png);
return;
}

The outcome png for the DOC -> PNG conversion is fine. Yet the second PNG from the RTF document contain an additional character - a little box.

Could you please verify if thats due to some RTF specifications or if its an issue within Aspose.Words itself.

I attached the file used as an input as well as the two different result pngs.

Thanks for your support,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.8.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7102. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7102) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

i can confirm this issue is fixed since Aspose.Words .NET 11.10.0.

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your feedback. Please let us know any time you have any further queries; we’re always glad to help you.

Best regards,