Prevent recalculation of Manually Scheduled task

I have a Manually Scheduled task in a project (Tsk.IsManual is true). Is there a way I can prevent that from being altered when calling Recalculate() on the project?

1 Like

@jskahua,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

I have searched the documents but could not find any option to stop updating the manually scheduled tasks while calling the Recalculate(). Could you please inform if same feature is available in Microsoft Project? If yes, provide us the steps to perform this task and version of MSP along with images if possible. We will try it here and assist you further achieving it using Aspose.Tasks.

In MS Project 2010:

1. Create a blank new project.
  2. Add a Task, set it to manually scheduled. Set dates for about a week say 10/7/2017 - 10/14/2017.
  3. Add another task, set it to auto scheduled. Set dates for 10/12/2017 - 10/20/2017.
  4. With the last task selected, in the Task tab, use the Indent Task button to make it a child of the first task from 2). Notice the parent task doesn’t update start/finish or duration.
  5. Add another root task with the same dates from 2) only make this automatically scheduled.
  6. Add a child task like 3) and notice the parent task dates and duration updates to cover the child task.
    Clicking Calculate Project doesn’t alter the first tasks dates or duration.

If you run this project file through Aspose.Tasks, it will update the manually scheduled task.
var project = new Aspose.Tasks.Project(“Project1.mpp”);
project.Recalculate();
project.Save(“Project1b.mpp”, Aspose.Tasks.Saving.SaveFileFormat.MPP);

@jskahua,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

This issue is re-produced and logged under Id: TASKSNET-2136 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Hi,

The issue you reported here has been fixed in this latest version of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.11 that is available for download now.