We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Primavera P6 XER Export: Resource curr_id should be integer

Dear Aspose-Team


When exporting to Primavera P6 .XER format, the link to the currency should be the id of the currency table and not the string “EUR”.
%T RSRC
curr_id -> should be 1 pointing to %T CURRYPE

In the export I see “EUR” instead of 1.

See picture attached.

Regards
Ingo

Hi Ingo,


Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I have tried to analyze the problem but could not understand it completely, specially the currency table. Could you please explain the issue in detail? You may please provide us the sample console application (which can be compiled and executed here) along with the input project files which can be used to observe the issue. Please provide us the details steps to re-produce the problem.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated in this regard.

Dear Kashif,


thanks for you reply. I was expecting a value “1” in the column and not the ISO code value “EUR”. In this column a reference is stored not the direct value. The field in the class should be an integer and not a string.

Regards
Ingo

Hi Ingo,


Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I am afraid that still we are not able to re-produce the issue as no sample file is provided. What I have understood is that you have some MPP project file which you are exporting to Primvera format and using some code similar to the following one.

Project project = new Project(“sample.mpp”);<o:p></o:p>

project.Save("output.xer", SaveFileFormat.PrimaveraXER);


This source MPP file is having some currency data which is not exported properly to the XER format. If this is the case, please send us your simple console application which can be compiled and executed here along with the source MPP file. It is must required to re-produce the issue here to provide assistance in a timely manner.

Your cooperation is appreciated here in this regard.

Dear Kashif,


Please excuse the delay.
I have attached a simple mpp file and used your two line code example.
In the 7z you see, that the second resource does have not the right curr_id.

By the way. I tried to import the XER file created out of the mpp in P6 16.1. The import crashes.
My guess:
%T PROJWBS
%F wbs_id proj_id obs_id
obj_id is a string not an int.

Regards
Ingo

p.s. Aspose.Task.dll 16.11.0.0

Hi Ingo,


Thank you for sharing the sample file. We are currently investigating the problem at our end. Could you also please tell us from which view you have taken the image from to observe this issue? We are working on this query and will soon share our feedback here with you.

Dear Kashif,


I do no fully understand, what do you mean with view. The screen shots are only notepad++

Regards
Ingo

Hi Ingo,


The issue, where XER file converted by Aspose.Tasks crashes while opening it, is logged under Id: TASKSNET-1731 for further investigation by the product team.You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Hi Ingo,


We have reported the issue of currency id, where string EUR is displayed instead of integer 1 under Id:TASKSNET-1732 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.