Print 2D DataMatrix using GS1 Standard

Hello there,

I want to know how can I generate 2D BarCode and also display the Application Identifiers(AIs). For e.g. Please see attachment.

regards
Zulf
Hi Zulf,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Using Aspose.BarCode API you can create DataMatix barcode. Aspose.BarCode API also enables you to set, manage and control the appearance of the code text. Please follow the links for details.

Hi Akram,

Thank you for your feedback. I want to text to appear to the right of the DataMatrix as I showed in original comment. Can you please help me. Also how can I have my image little bigger so that the 4 parameters which I print are on one line each. for e.g.

GTIN:898978777776665655
UID: 121212121212121212
Batch:GH768
Exp.Date:150923

regards
Zulf
Hi Zulf,

Thank you for writing us back.

The feature that you are looking for is not available. Currently, Aspose.BarCode supports barcode text locations above and below. There is also a third type called NONE to hide the barcode text.

We have created a feature request in our system with ID BARCODJAVA-33635. Our product team will further look into it. We will update you about the progress via this thread.

Hi Ikram,

Thank you for your cooperation. If I can have that feature it will make a big difference, usually it takes how long for this feature to be added to your software. One another question I have is if you see my attached image i have 4 parameters that need to be printed into the data matrix accordin to GS1 standard for pharmaceutical products. Now my question is if I dont want those Human readable text to not be included in the data matrix what i need to do. i mean i dont want the text GTN,Lot,Serial,Date to encode in the 2d data marix. I will appreciate your help if you can please help me.

Regards
Zulf
Hi Zulf,

1. We have logged the request into our system. Now the process is that our product team will properly analyze the request and its feasibility to work on, bring it on our road map and announce estimated ETA. Currently the request is pending with other priority tasks in the queue.

2. Regarding text GTN, Lot, Serial and Date not to be encode in the 2D DataMatrix barcode issue, Aspose.BarCode for JAVA exposes two different properties for barcode text and barcode caption. You can set the barcode text as per your requirement and set the code location to none to hide the text code. On the other hand you can define the caption text and its location. Following is the sample code snippet demonstrating how to use barcode text and barcode caption properties.

BarCodeBuilder objBuilder = new BarCodeBuilder();
objBuilder.setSymbologyType(com.aspose.barcode.Symbology.DataMatrix);
objBuilder.setCodeText("1234567890");
objBuilder.setCodeLocation(CodeLocation.None);
//To show caption text Above the barcode
objBuilder.getCaptionAbove().setVisible(true);
objBuilder.getCaptionAbove().setText("GTIN: 03453120000011");
objBuilder.getCaptionAbove().setTextAlign(com.aspose.barcode.StringAlignment.Near);
//To show caption text below the barcode
//objBuilder.getCaptionBelow().setVisible(true);
//objBuilder.getCaptionBelow().setText("GTIN: 03453120000011");
//objBuilder.getCaptionBelow().setTextAlign(com.aspose.barcode.StringAlignment.Near);
objBuilder.save("test_datamatrix.jpg");

Hope the above information helps. Feel free to reach us in case you have any query or comments.

Hi Ikram,

Can you please give me a rough estimate time when I should expect this feature which you mentioned has been logged into your system. This feature is the core requirement for me to use your software.

regards
Zulf

Hi Zulf,

We have asked for an update from product team. Once there is any update available, we will share it with you.

Hi Ikram,

Any news regarding that requirement.

regards
Zulf

Hi Zulf,

This issue has been planned for Aspose.Barcode for Java 7.9.0 which is expected to be released at the end of next month. We will update you as soon as it is released.

Best Regards,