Print Driver

Can I build a virtual print driver with Aspose.PDF? How would you go about it?

Hi,

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to render the PDF document into .XPS format using Microsoft XPS Document Writer. You may visit the following links for further information in this regard.

In case I have not properly understood your requirement, please share some details.

Actually what I am trying to do is this.

I have a PDF Template(ODON Template.pdf, attached) and a word document(Damien.doc, attached). I want to write the contents of the MS Word document to the PDF Template and either save the final document or email the final PDF document. So the final document will be Damien.pdf
Which components would i need to achieve this? and please let me know which methods i should be looking at

Hi,

Sorry for replying you so late.

We have component name Aspose.Words which provides the capability to convert word file into PDF format. It also provides the feature of mail Merging. However as per your requirement, you may first try converting the word file into PDF format using Aspose.Words and then use Aspose.Pdf to set existing ODON Template.pdf as watermark to newly generated PDF from Aspose.Words.

For more information, please visit

Aspose.Words for .NET links

Aspose.Pdf for .NET links
In case I have not properly understood your requirements or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The following is a list of Wikipedia articles relating to notable virtual printer software:

• Adobe Acrobat – Adobe System’s commercial PDF authoring suite includes Adobe Distiller, a virtual printer for converting documents to PDF files. Adobe Distiller is not included with the free-to-use Adobe Reader product.
  • GhostScript - A free, open-source virtual printer that can print files to PS files, and then convert them to PDF files.
  • CutePDF Writer – a freeware virtual printer for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
  • DoPDF – a freeware PDF creator for Microsoft Windows
  • [FinePrint](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FinePrint) – a commercial virtual printer for Microsoft Windows that can modify and combine print jobs and format pages before outputting to a physical printer or saving to a .fp file. In conjunction with pdfFactory, print job output may be saved as a PDF file.
  • Microsoft Document Image Writer – a virtual printer included in Microsoft Office Professional allowing documents to be saved in TIFF or Microsoft Document Imaging Format.
  • Microsoft XPS Document Writer – a freeware virtual printer (print-to-file driver) for Microsoft Windows that creates an XPS document file from the print output of an application
  • [NovaPDF](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NovaPDF) – commercial virtual PDF printer for Microsoft Windows
  • PDFCreator – a free, open-source virtual printer for Microsoft Windows that can create PDF files from nearly any application. It can also combine multiple documents into a single PDF.
  • PrimoPDF - PDF creator
  • [Virtual Image Printer driver](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Image_Printer_driver) - Virtual ImagePrinter is based on the Microsoft universal printer driver and can print to file any printable document in your Windows system to the one or many BMP, PNG , JPG, TIFF or PDF files.
  • [TIFF Image Printer](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIFF_Image_Printer) - virtual printer for Microsoft Windows for creating TIFF files from almost any application.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I am pleased to share that Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports following virtual printers.

In case I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

I know this is an old topic but I had a requirement similar to the original question posted here. Can I have a Virtual Printer that is backed by Aspose.Net, something similar to how CutePDF or PDFCreator does things. So, a user will be able to open a document, say an image and click print - this gives a print dialog and Aspose PDF is listed as a printer. The user selects Aspose PDF and it generates a PDF.

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf offers the feature to print PDF files but when printing the PDF document, Aspose.Pdf will not appear in print dialog. However you can specify a printer to print the document using our API. For more information, please visit Working with PDF printing (Facades)

Hi Nayyer,

Thanks for the information, but my need was slightly different. I don’t need to use Aspose to send a document to a printer. Instead, a different application will send a document to a virtual printer and expects a PDF to be generated. Can Aspose act as that virtual printer?

Thanks,
Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I am afraid Aspose.Pdf cannot be used as Virtual/Soft Printer. However as shared earlier, it can be used to print the document over pre-configured printers.Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Greatstone_Support:
Hi, I know this is an old topic but I had a requirement similar to the original question posted here. Can I have a Virtual Printer that is backed by Aspose.Net, something similar to how CutePDF or PDFCreator does things. So, a user will be able to open a document, say an image and click print - this gives a print dialog and Aspose PDF is listed as a printer. The user selects Aspose PDF and it generates a PDF.
I am also working for Providing essay writing service to the students that is suffer from assignments problems.

alex2017:
Greatstone_Support:
Hi, I know this is an old topic but I had a requirement similar to the original question posted here. Can I have a Virtual Printer that is backed by Aspose.Net, something similar to how CutePDF or PDFCreator does things. So, a user will be able to open a document, say an image and click print - this gives a print dialog and Aspose PDF is listed as a printer. The user selects Aspose PDF and it generates a PDF.
I am also working for Providing essay writing service to the students that is suffer from assignments problems.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

As shared earlier in this thread, currently Aspose.Pdf for .NET do not support the act as soft printer but for the sake of implementation, I have logged this requirement as PDFNET-42334 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.