Print format issues

Using Aspose.Words document renderer when I print after creating a new document from a template, when I print the formatting is messed up. What can I do to get the printed document to look like the saved document?

Dave

Please note that all classes in Aspose.Words.Viewer namespace are in beta and no technical support or fixing is provided for them. We are going to release the brand new viewing/rendering engine in a few months.
Best regards,

Yes you have been saying that “it will be out in a few months” for over a year now. Meanwhile I have purchased Aspose.Total and there doesn’t seem to be a usable printing solution.

If we cannot print from Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf.Kit is full of bugs can you recommend a way to print a document created or midified by from Aspose.Total?

Respectfully,

Dave

Yes, you are right. We have delayed Aspose.Words.Viewer release several times. That was partly because the task proved to be more complex then we thought initially. And partly because we don’t want to release an immature, half-made product that won’t be able to render complex and richly formatted documents correctly. We want to ensure that the viewer that we publish would provide truly awesome, hi-fidelity rendering that we won’t be ashamed of. As you probably know we have introduced many new features during the last year, including full-scale imaging and graphics support and several new formats, such as RTF and WordprocessingML. Now that this work is over we can put all our efforts to the final release of the rendering capabilities.
The only other way to print the document apart from Aspose.Words.Viewer beta and Aspose.Pdf is using MS Word Automation as a temporary solution. I do not know any other product that is able to provide a good-quality rendering of word documents.
Best regards,

Hi,
We just recently purchased Aspose.Words and I am really happy with it apart from the fact that I am having similar formatting issues when using the DocumentRenderer object in the Aspose.Words.Viewer namespace to print previously saved Aspose.Words documents. I’ve read many of the other posts on this topic and I tried everything that has been suggested, but no matter what I do, the format of the printed copy is still messed up and does not match the format of the saved document. And it prints an extra blank page.
What is the status of the release of Aspose.Words.Viewer? As I said, I am really very pleased with Aspose.Words and apart from this one problem I think it is a fantastic product. However, it is very annoying to not be able to automatically print documents. It would be great to see this resolved.
Thanks very much for all your efforts.
Chris.

Hi
Thank you for your inquiry. I think that the production release of Aspose.Words.Viewer will be available somewhere in Q2 2008.
Best regards.

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet