We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Print Support for Aspose.Words

What version of Words supports printing.

I downloaded version 6.4.0.0. However, it appears not to support the printing function.

William Lucas

This message was posted using Email2Forum by sheliah.

Hello

Thanks for your request. Printing is supported starting from 6.0.0 version of Aspose.Words.

Best regards,

We are using 6.4 when I paste the following code to my project, I get an error at this line:

document.SaveToXps(0, document.PageCount, stream, Nothing)

The error is SaveToXps is not a member of document. What am I missing?

Imports Aspose.Words

Imports System.IO

'

' Sends an Aspose.Words document to a printer using the XpsPrint API.

'

'

'

' Job name. Can be null.

' True to wait for the job to complete. False to return immediately after submitting the job.

'Thrown if any error occurs.

Public Sub Print(ByVal document As Aspose.Words.Document, ByVal printerName As String, ByVal jobName As String, ByVal isWait As Boolean)

If document Is Nothing Then

Throw New ArgumentNullException("document")

End If

' Use Aspose.Words to convert the document to XPS and store in a memory stream.

Dim stream As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream()

document.SaveToXps(0, document.PageCount, stream, Nothing)

stream.Position = 0

'Print(stream, printerName, jobName, isWait)

End Sub

Hi

Thanks for your request. Export documents or pages as XPS is supported starting from 6.5.0 version of Aspose.Words.

Best regards,

So have I misunderstood your documentation.

We want to print word documents without a print dialog; but rather just from memory without saving it. This is why we bought the product back in 2005. Your company has been very gracious by renewing our license until you provided that functionality. Do I not have the right version for what I want to do?

Sincerely,

Bill Lucas

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Saving to XPS format is supported starting from 6.5 version of Aspose.Words. Please make sure you are using this or better version in your application. To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.

Best regards,

We are using 6.4. We bought the product in 2005 when Aspose annouced it was delivering printing within Aspose Words. Each year the that functionality was put off. But, kindly, your company renewed our subscription each July. I did not address this issue in July 2008 because I thought 6.4 contained the functionality we needed. Apparently it did not.

So how do I get 6.5 and when was it made available?

Sincerely,

Bill Lucas

Hi Bill,

Thanks you for additional information. Aspose.Words 6.5.0 was released on 30/06/2009. Every Aspose license carries one-year subscription for free upgrades to new versions released during this time. So, please check the expiration date of your license. To check an expiration date of your license open the license file using notepad. You will see the following tags:

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2009.

If you are not allowed to update to the 6.5.0 version of Aspose.Words or better, you should contact Aspose sales team to renew your license.

Best regards.

I do have to contact sales. What I need to know from you, as technical support, is whether I can print from 6.4. Currently we create up to 800 documents and the open Word to print them. If I cannot print multiple documents without user intervention which the print dialog requires, then I have a position to argue that we should have been renewed on more year.

So to be clear, I want to user to push a button and all 800 documents go directly to the printer. That is why we bought the product originally with that promise.

Bill Lucas

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your request. As mentioned earlier in this thread, printing is supported starting from 6.0.0 version of Aspose.Words. For example, you can use the following code to print your document:

PrinterSettings printerSettings = new PrinterSettings();
printerSettings.PrinterName = @"\\192.168.0.2\hp LaserJet 1010 Series Driver";
doc.Print(printerSettings);

Best regards.