PRINTDATE does not update automatically when DOCX is saved to PDF in Java

Hello support,

I have the following question :
In one of my word document I have the word field {PRINTDATE * MERGEFORMAT }
When I print the document using word, the field is automatically updated.
Now, by using Aspose.word, that field is not updated when I save the document to pdf using doc.save( “document.pdf”)
How can I do it with aspose.word ?
Thanks in advance.
And Happy new years 2020.

@foster06

Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Please find attached the document test_printdate.zip containing test_printdate.docx because I can’t upload docx file.
test_printdate.zip (8.6 KB)
Thanks

@foster06

Thanks for sharing the document. We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 20.1 and have not found the shared issue. So, please use Aspose.Words for .NET 20.1. We have attached the output PDF with this post for your kind reference. 20.1.pdf (35.1 KB)

Thanks you for your answer but we use Aspose.Words for java and not for .NET 20.1.
Could you test with this ?
Second remark, in the pdf document you sent me, the date is 01 january 0001. I think it could be 02 January 2020, isn’t it ?
Thanks for your reply.

@foster06

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19776. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks you Tahir for your reply.

@foster06

In your case, we suggest you please assign new java.util.Date() to BuiltInDocumentProperties.LastPrinted property before saving document to PDF. Hope this helps you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19776) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.3 update.