PrintDocumentWithSettings

Hello,

Is it possible to use the PdfViewer-class to print parts of a single PDF document to different trays? If so, is it possible in a single print-command (I would like the printer needs to combine the output again in it’s output drawer/tray)?

Can you provide me a sample if any of this is possible?

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Sorry for a delay in response.

I think you can use PdfViewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings method to print your document and specify different page and printer settings to achieve your desired results. You can use System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.PrintRange to setup the range of pages you want to print (as per your requirement of printing part of PDF). Also, you can use System.Drawing.Printing.PageSettings.PaperSource to specify the paper source like printer tray.

Please see the following documentation link with details and sample code for printing the document with settings.

Printing PDF File to Default Printer using Printer and Page Settings (Facades)

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thank you for the reply.

My scenario is a little more complex than the article. Some pages of the document need to be printed to a different tray. This is probably possible, however, the printer must recognize it as a single job. I will be printing batches of documents, where the printer must assure all prints are sorted correctly, even when different trays were used.

I read in your Word-forum that Word support these scenario’s (different trays per section), but PDF does not. Is this correct?

Hi Robert,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the feedback.

I am afraid your requested feature is not supported at the moment. I have registered a new feature request in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34180. Our development team will further look into this feature and see if it can be supported in near future.

Sorry for the inconvenience,