Printed PDF looks really light

I am having an issue using PdfViewer to print a PDF created using PdfFileEditor to combine several existing PDFs. The resulting output looks much lighter that in the actual PDF or that produced by Adobe Acrobat.

Hi Andrew,

Can you please share what you mean by “light”? Does that mean the quality of the output printed with PdfViewer class is not as good as from Adobe Acrobat etc.? I just wanted to make sure that we are on the same page.

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Here is an example using the Microsoft XPS Document Writer as the printer: 1 is using Adobe Acrobat Reader to print and the other is using Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfViewer to print. Notice how much lighter the Aspose printout looks. Also, compare both printouts to the original. I have had the same differences using other printers as well.

I have a PDF, and Aspose printed example, and an Adobe printed example attached in a ZIP file.

Hi Andrew,

I have noticed the difference in the output from the both applications. I have logged this issue as PDFKITNET-10825 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will be looking into the matter and you’ll be updated via this forum as we resolve the issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

If it helps any, this is the call we are making:

Dim oViewer As New Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfViewer

Dim oPrinterSettings as New System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings

oPrinterSettings.PrinterName = “My Printer”

oViewer.AutoResize = True

oViewer.AutoRotate = True

oViewer.OpenPdfFile(sFileName)

oViewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(oPrinterSettings)

oViewer.ClosePdfFile()

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sharing the code snippet you’re using at your end. Our team is working on the issue and you’ll be updated as we make some progress.

If you find any other questions or issues, please do let us know.
Regards,

Is there any way to speed this problem up a bit? Our Vice President and Chief Operating Officer are presenting a major user conference next week and we need to demo a workflow that uses this functionality. We are partners in this and we don’t wish to present a less than functional product any more than you do.

Could you please provide a telephone number that our Vice President could call to discuss this issue?

Also, could you allow the user jsalisbury to view and post on this thread?

Sincerely,

Hi Andrew,

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

I have contacted our development team regarding the ETA for this issue. You’ll be updated with the response, the earliest possible.

Regarding the other user to be able to view and post on this thread, I’m sure he’ll be able to view and, if logged in, post on this thread; however, if he finds any issues while viewing and posting on this thread, please do let us know and we’ll look into this.

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10825) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.