Printer prints some words as bold

Hi!

I stumled into a problem and hope somebody can help. I use the Aspose.Words to convert .dot files into pdf. These PDF files contains hungarian charaters. When I try to print the pdf files to a color printer (Canon iRA2230i), some words (that contains characters like ‘ő’ ASCII:CP852 code:139) printing as bold regardless of the formatting style. It looks like the printer trying to print these words as picture. Is there any solution?

Regards
Valentin

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample input and output documents along with your code example. We will look into the issue and will guide you accordingly.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I can’t upload the sample pdf. The upload button sends a “new user can’t upload” message. Are there any other sending option I can use?

Thanks
Valentin

Hi Valentin,

We are working over this issue will fix it soon. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please ZIP and upload documents on Dropbox or any other file hosting service and share the download link here for us to test this scenario. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir!

The Dropbox link is: Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

There is a .dotx file, the input file.
The output pdf file is the one starting with HMO%.
The other pdf file shows the result of the printing. The words in question are circled.

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for sharing the documents. We have printed the Word document using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 17.6 with Document.print method and have not found the shared issue. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 17.6. We have attached the XPS document with this post for your kind reference. print.zip (329.5 KB)

If you still face problem, please share the simple Java application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Tahir!

Thanks for your effort.
In fact, the problem occurs when I print the output PDF file, generated from Word dotx file by Aspose.Words.
The Word file printed correctly on my printer as well.
Could you try to print the PDF file starting with HMO.

I can’t access the print.zip. Say: “Sorry, this file is private. Only visible to post creator and staff members.”
I don’t understand, because I’m the post creator. (?)

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We are working over this issue will fix it soon. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please download PDF and XPS documents from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ks0gd812bp5znm8/PDF%20and%20XPS.zip?dl=0

Hi Tahir!

May I have one more request?
Could you print the HMO pdf file to any color printer and send back the scanned document.
It would be a great help to see, that my problem exists, not just my site.

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I do not have color printer at my end. However, printing the output PDF via Adobe PDF and Microsoft XPS Document Writer generate the correct output. We have also printed the PDF “HMO_0168_17_649995.pdf” that is generated by older version of Aspose.Words. We have not faced the shared issue with this PDF.

It seems that the problem is somewhere at your end. Please try to print the PDF on different machine and printer. We suggest you please use latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 17.6.

Hi Tahir!

Thanks for all your help.
However I’m not convinced that the problem exists only at my site.
As I mentioned the bold words are seen only when you print to a color printer.
I’ve tried the latest version, but the result is the same.

If you ever have a chance to print to a color printer, please inform me.

Best Regards
Valentin

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have printed the output PDF using “Microsoft Print to PDF” and noticed that the font face of shared words is changed. It is not bold. However, as compare to other words, it seems that it is bold. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-15547. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. Could you please convert your document to PDF using MS Word, print it and share the scan copy of it here for our reference? Thanks for your cooperation.

You are using older version of Aspose.Words. We suggest you please try latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 17.6 to get the better result.

Hi Tahir!

Thanks, I hope the problem will be fixed soon.
I’ll check the development.

You can access the word file in the shared Dropbox, so you can convert and print it too.

Thank you
Valentin

@Vatya79

Thanks for your patience. Our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue (WORDSNET-15547) is now closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution.

The problem appears because Acrobat Reader prints fonts with WinAnsi encoding as text and fonts with Identity-H encoding as vector graphics.

This issue is observed in MS Word PDF output either. But MS Word output has more text with Identity-H encoding than Aspose.Words Thus the problematic words do not stand out in MS Word output. MS Word uses WinAnsi encoding only for roman characters. Aspose.Words also uses WinAnsi encoding for ANSI chars like ‘á’, ‘é’ etc. You may use different PDF viewer application for printing as a workaround.

Best Regards,
Tahir Manzoor