Printer trays not working?

It looks like I have the same issue as expressed in this concern:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/8-1-net-paper-tray-problem/77970

I am opening a document, merging it, setting the printer tray for output, then trying to print it. The printer tray part is not working. Below is my code. Is this a bug in Aspose.Word?

Thanks,

Damian

DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder();

builder.Document = doc;
builder.MoveToDocumentStart();

//check our papertray enum’s range and only use it if it’s a valid number

// int i = 0;
// int j = 1/i;

if (this.tPrinterTray != null)
{
    if ((this.tPrinterTray.PaperTrayEnum >= 0) && (this.tPrinterTray.PaperTrayEnum <= 15))
    {

builder.PageSetup.FirstPageTray = (Aspose.Words.PaperTray)this.tPrinterTray.PaperTrayEnum;
        builder.PageSetup.OtherPagesTray = (Aspose.Words.PaperTray)this.tPrinterTray.PaperTrayEnum;
    }
}
if (this.LetterDefinition.tPaper.PaperWidth > 0)
{
    builder.PageSetup.PageWidth = ConvertUtil.InchToPoint(this.LetterDefinition.tPaper.PaperWidth);
}
// builder.PageSetup.PageHeight = ConvertUtil.InchToPoint(4.25);
if (this.LetterDefinition.tPaper.PaperHeight > 0)
{
    builder.PageSetup.PageHeight = ConvertUtil.InchToPoint(this.LetterDefinition.tPaper.PaperHeight);
}

AsposeWordsPrintDocument awPrintDoc = new AsposeWordsPrintDocument(doc);

awPrintDoc.PrinterSettings = printerSettings;

builder.Document.Save("tempoutput.doc");
awPrintDoc.Print();

Hi

Thanks for your request. Currently Aspose.Words supports printing from tray listed in PaperTray enum.

Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified once printing from trays is fully supported.

You can try using the workaround suggested by other our customer here

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

I’ll look into this workaround but I’d like to know when we’re going to get a real fix?

This is one expensive tool that is supposed to allow me to avoid MS Word automation - I can select trays in automation and it works. Do we have to talk to the sales team about refunding our .NET total purchase?

That would really suck / we’d really like to use this product but not being able to do printer trays is a show-stopper. Can you help?

Thanks,

Damian

Hi

Thanks for your request. It is difficult to provide you a reliable estimate regarding this issue. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the problem by then or provide you more information.

Also, I added your request into my monthly report. This will push the issue up in the priority list. My apologize for inconvenience.

While you are waiting for a real fix, you can use the suggested workaround.

Best regards.

It has been a while now since we last discussed this problem - can you update me on the fix?

Thanks!

Damian

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue is already resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next version that comes out in 2-3 weeks. We will notify you.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10223) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(37)