Printing is slow and the document looks different than when MS Word prints it

I am trying to replace Word automation with Aspose.Words for a server-side application. I was very happy when my first test of Aspose.Words indicated that the mail merge was many times faster than MS Word. But now I am having problems printing.
The attached templates look different when Aspose.Words prints them than when MS Word prints them. I need them to look that same way as they do in Word when I print them.
Also, the time to print is much slower than in MS Word. MS Word will print several documents per minute (at 100-200 letters in each document), while Aspose sometimes takes several minutes per document for printing.

Hi
Frank,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I managed to reproduce the problems when printing your ‘ltr2007.dot’ file on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7003/WORDSNET-5761. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will check the other two files you attached in your thread shortly and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Can you give me an ETA on when these problems will be fixed?

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Good news for you is that your issue WORDSNET-7003 has already been fixed by the fix of another issue i.e. WORDSNET-5761. It will be included in Aspose.Words v11.8.0 which is about to come out shortly today. We will inform you as soon as the new release is published.

I will check the other two files you attached in your thread shortly and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your patience. I have just tested your ‘ltr3308a.dot’ file; the Paragraphs starting with text ‘OHIO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY’ and ‘OHIO BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLES’ are getting printed at wrong position on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7013. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested your final document i.e. ‘ltr3308b.dot’ and there gets an extra blank page printed at the end of first page on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7014. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• PS: Your problems will be resolved once the issues linked to this thread are resolved.*

Best Regards,

Awais,
Thank you for looking into this.
Any idea when these issues will be fixed? I need to replace a MS Word automation solution with a workable solution.

I downloaded the 11.8 DLLs and tried them.
ltr2007.dot now looks better when printed, but still is not correct. Compare how Aspose prints it with how it looks in MS Word and you should see the difference.
I am also now getting an error about “black listed licenses resource” not being found. I had to revert to evaluation mode to get Aspose.Words to work.
Printing also seemed pretty slow.
When will all this get fixed?

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that there are following three problems spotted in ‘ltr2007.dot’ when printed using ‘Microsoft XPS Document Writer’ so far on my side.

WORDSNET-5761: A text box at the top of the text is rendered below an image and overlaps the text as the result. This problem is resolved in 11.8.0.

WORDSNET-7003: Aspose.Words produces an extra page at the end of first page. Unfortunately, this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you as soon as there any developments on this.

WORDSNET-7015: This is another issue with text overlapping at the bottom of the page. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis. We will inform you as soon as it is resolved.

Moreover, regarding the speed problems you have, could you please run the following code on your side and share the results here for our reference:

DateTime p1 = DateTime.Now;
Document doc = new Document(@"C:\test\in.doc");
DateTime p2 = DateTime.Now;
doc.UpdatePageLayout();
DateTime p3 = DateTime.Now;
doc.Print();
DateTime p4 = DateTime.Now;
Console.WriteLine("Loading document: {0} sec", (p2 - p1).TotalSeconds);
Console.WriteLine("Building page layout: {0} sec", (p3 - p2).TotalSeconds);
Console.WriteLine("Printing document: {0} sec", (p4 - p3).TotalSeconds);
Console.WriteLine("Total time: {0} sec", (p4 - p1).TotalSeconds);

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5761) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7015) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7003) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7036) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7014) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.8 update also available on NuGet.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7013) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.8 update also available on NuGet.