Printing multi page MS Word document

We are using Aspose Words for Java on Windows machine to print documents that can have multiple pages.

We are noticing that Aspose is creating multiple print jobs for a single document - 1 each for a given page. This messes up the sequence of pages that are printed and is causing issues on our side. Also, when a given print job is broken by Aspose into more than one print job, anyone else can print right in-between those print jobs.

We are upgrading from a very old Aspose Words for Java version which used to work just fine not sure which version of Aspose changed this functionality.

This is a critical feature that we are using for our project.

Please advise.

Hello Aspose team,

Is there any chance of getting some advice on this?

Appreciate your help a lot.

Regards.

@sxn,

After an initial test with licensed version of Aspose.Words for Java 18.2, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. We used the following code for testing on our end:

Document doc = new Document("D:\\temp\\input.docx");
doc.print("Microsoft XPS Document Writer");

In case the problem still remains, please ZIP and upload your input Word document you are getting this problem with here for testing. We will investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

How can I upload word document that you can use to recreate the issue at your end? By the way, I am also using licensed version 18.2 for my tests. Appreciate your help.

testDocForAspose.zip (11.3 KB)

Please use attached document to recreate issue.

@sxn,

For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSJAVA-1737. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Awais,

I am assuming that you were able to reproduce issue at your end, correct?

@sxn,

Yes, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved.

Hello Aspose Team:

Is there an update on WORDSJAVA-1737?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

@sxn,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. This issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@sxn,

Regarding WORDSJAVA-1737, our product team has completed the analysis of your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behavior you are observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words for Java. So, we will close this issue as ‘Not a Bug’. Please see the following details.

Aspose Words creates a new print job per page source. i.e. If a document contains pages to be printed on different Trays then Aspose Words will create a separate print job for the each page range.

In your document the first page is going to be printed on “Tray 7” (according to the document.xml). Please update the settings to the “Default Tray” to make sure all the pages are sent to the same tray.

Please see this screenshot for more details:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1737) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.4 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.4 update.