We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Printing Order with PDFViewer

I have a multi threaded app that has one thread download files to the local hard drive and group them up in blocks of 5 (downloads PDFs and combines). There is a second thread that prints the blocks out.Using debug.output I have verified that the files are being printed in order: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. However in the print queue the documents show up: 3, 6, 5, 4, 7. The order they files are combined in is appended to the file name so it is visible in the print queue.

The printer is paused so they all sit in the queue.

The attached PDF is a screen shot of the printer queue and of the source code for the PDFViewer portion.

Is there a way of forcing they to print in the order submitted?

Thanks

Randy

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

Please provide some more details as I am not clear about your requirements. Do you need a feature to send the files to the printer in your desired sequence using PdfViewer? Or the files are not shown in the sequence in which they are sent for printing using PdfViewer? It would be better if you can share your sample application to show the issue you are facing and let us know your desired result to help us understand your requirement / issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

I am trying to figure out why the file are submitted in one order and printed in another. If I put a few seconds delay between submissions, it prints correctly. However I am trying to maximize printing throughput, so while that may be necessary it isn't desirable.

Does your PDFViewer do any threading when the job is submitted, or is this due to the printer driver itself?

I am afraid I do not know enough about the printing process to know if the printer driver processes the file before or after it shows in the queue.

Thanks

Randy

Hi Randy,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

I have asked the development team to share some insights regarding the printing process using PdfViewer as per your requirement. An issue has been registered in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34292 for further investigation of your requirement. As soon as I get a feedback, I will update you via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the requirement shared earlier but I am afraid we could not replicate the scenario. Can you please share some sample application which can help us in replicating your scenario at our end. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.