Printing pdf with non-english characters

We are trying to print pdf:s with swedish-language text using the following code snippet (same issue in Pdf.Kit 3.6 and 3.7, in 3.5 we had the previously reported and fixed FormatException error https://forum.aspose.com/t/121090):

PdfViewer viewer = new PdfViewer();

viewer.OpenPdfFile(fileName);

viewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(ps);

(with CultureInfo set as "sv-SE")

However, all swedish characters (å,ä,ö) are ignored in the printed version. The pdf-file is viewabled and correctly printed if opened in e.g. Adobe Reader. Also, only the first page is included in the print-out. Please see attached pdf for simple example.

Hi Joacim,

I have noti
ced the problem and logged this issue as PDFKITNET-11238 in our issue tracking system. Our team will be looking into the matter and you’ll be updated via this forum as the issue is resolved.

As far as the number of printed pages is concerned, when printing using PrintDocumentWithSettings, you need to specify FromPage and ToPage values of the PrinterSetting object.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11238) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The pdf is printed, but the swedish characters are now shown incorrectly. Please see the attached xps file. Also, I have noticed that when trying to print a pdf with both landscape and portrait layout pages, the landscape pages are stretched to fit to portrait layout (compare attached pdf and xps files). Obviously we would like to have each page keep its original layout, is there a setting that overrides this behaviour?

Hi Joacim,

I have reproduced the problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-11675 in our issue tracking system. Our team will be looking into the matter and you’ll be updated via this forum once the issue is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi again, I have tested the latest version and it seems the issue with swedish character printing incorrectly is now fixed. However, printing a pdf with both portrait and landscape pages still results in the error described above. I would appreciate an update on this issue, since we are in the late stages of testing and this is something we have to get working before product release.

Hi Joacim,

The resolved issue was related to the Swedish character printing, however we have logged the issue related to the portrait and landscape page printing separately as PDFKITNET-13192 in our issue tracking system. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issue is resolved. Nevertheless, I’m afraid, I can’t share the ETA for this issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11675;13192) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.