Printing Performance Improvements?

Hi,

We are using an older version of Aspose Words (2.2) in an intranet web app to merge data into document templates and then print them using the XPSPrint API. The printers are normally remote from the web server, and the printing speed is important for our production process. What kind of performance improvements can we reasonably expect by updating to the current version?

Thanks in advance,
Frank Alviani

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your inquiry. You were using quite old version of Aspose.Words and the latest version of Aspose.Words contains many new features, enhancements in the existing features, performance issues and bug fixes. We exercise Unit Testing and all of our unit tests are properly structured, therefore, upgrading to the latest version of Aspose.Words is always safe.

I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.3.0.1) from here and let us know how it goes on your side.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Before I experiment with the new version in a new branch of our application, I have a quick question: the subscription expiration in the existing license file is 6/8/2013, the license version is 2.2. Am I correct in assuming that the same license file will work with the latest version I download from your site?

-Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your query. Yes, the subscription expiry date (6/8/2013) allow you to upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words.

Please check the expiration date of your license file. To check an expiration date of your license open the license file using notepad. You will see the following tags:

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 06/18/2012.