Printing ppt slide created with aspose prints in black

Hello,

This is a problem with printing the slides in ppt that was created with aspose slides. The information is downloaded from a gridview in .NET created with aspose slides saved and opened in ppt. When opened it looks correct in the print preview but once printed it comes out black in the table that is on the slide. Has this happen in the past? The version is 5.2. Thank you,

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the details.

As you are using a very old version of Aspose.Slides, I would suggest you to download the latest version from here and test the issue at your end. If you still face any issue, please share your sample code and generated presentation file with us to show us the issue. We will check it and get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Ok thank you will try but which dll should I use I see several would be safe to say register the 4.0?

Ok I will try that but would it be safe to say best to register 4.0 for .net project.

Hi Sharon,

You can use the DLL as per your project’s .NET Framework version. If it is .NET Framework 4.0, you can use Aspose.Slides dll under 4.0 folder. I hope this answers your question. In case I am unable to understand your question, please provide some more details and I will assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Yes thought that's what was needed to be done was thinking on dll for all .net like now I see it is version 5 has that along with 4 but what version would it be to run under app pool V2 integreted and webconfig has 3.5 . I would use the 3.5 client? In the Windows/assembly it has 5.2.0 which says is for .net 3.5

Hi Sharon,

If you are using .NET Framework 3.5 Client Profile in your application then you can use the DLL in “net3.5_ClientProfile” folder. But if you are using .NET Framework 3.5 then use the DLL in “net3.5” folder.

In case you face any issue, please feel free to contact
support.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

I tried the registering of the dll for my project gave some errors in the code. I looked out on the internet saw where you has a Aspose Total for net only. What you sent had a dll and an xml. I am not sure what I needed to do with the xml. Within the code the import statement has Aspose slides so if I try this again do I need to alter the code. This project uses Aspose slides with different formats some just text but the one with excel embedded is the only one that is printing in black within the cells. It looks fine in print preview. Please advise if I need to get the
Aspose.Total for .NET includes the following components:Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.0.1 (4/18/2014 … or the one that is dll only… AND if code should be altered. Thank you so much

Sorry for the multiple replies but searching on this and don’t want to change the wheel here so to speak…I found a post few years back about background color in tables…could this be related to my issue see below please.

Re: Table Cell background color issue

Related Reply Quote

Favorites Contact

Dear Pablo,

I have discussed the issue with our development team and it is not a bug in Aspose.Slides for .NET. Actually, Setting Type property should be always first because when you set it all other properties reset and reinitialized to default values. Hope it answers your query.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir Fayyaz
Support Developer
Aspose Support Team

Hi Sharon,

I am not very clear about your issue. Are you able to include the new Aspose.Slides for .NET into your application? If yes, then please share you sample application and generated presentation file with us. We will further check it and get back to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issue is when the ppt file that contains tables on the slides created with Aspose slides within .net is print previewed it looks great but once it is printed the background color within the tables on each slide come out black.

I just sent you a sample of an old post mentioning table background did not know if related.

Hi Sharon,

As requested earlier, we need to reproduce your mentioned issue at our
end and for that we need your sample code and generated file. This way
we will be able to further test the issue and share our feedback with
you.

Thanks & Regards,

I cannot do that this is sensitive material…

Can scan in the print out of the sheet maybe to see what I am referring to. It is slides opened with PP that is created with Aspose slides once opened print preview looks good once print all the tables are filled in with the color of black.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for further details.

I tried replicating your issue by creating a presentation file with table using Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.2.0 but I am unable to reproduce the issue. The information you shared is insufficient for us to
reproduce the issue. Regarding sharing the sensitive data file, I would suggest you to mark this post as “Private” when replying to this post and only you and Aspose Staff will be able to see your attached files and we will only use your files to test and investigate your issue. Also, please share with us the sample code to help us reproduce the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to you . Did you use PowerPoint 2010 to print from? This is only in PowerPoint 2010. I did not update the dll i tried and then got a lot of errors in the .net application. Once the dll is updated it would require to change code? I did not create this a prior developer did. I will see if I can get a sample to you. Can you tell me which dll to install. How do you know which version to use i went to the web.config says 3.5. Thank you for your help!

Hi Sharon,

I am afraid, I am unable to notice any problem with PowerPoint 2010 as well. Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.2.0 is our new unified API and it may require some changes in your code to work. You can try Aspose.Slides for .NET v8.4 (the latest version of our legacy API) which will require minimal or no changes in your application and check if it works fine at your end.

Thanks & Regards,