Printing Word DOTX Document with Tables to PDF File using C# .NET over Windows Server 2016

Hi Aspose Team,

we’ve found an issue with one of our documents that is printing incorrectly when saving to pdf on our production boxes. It seems to be box-specific, as we were unable to replicate it on our development machines. Table width seems to be set incorrectly, causing table to cover footer on page two, and due to different width also adds additional page to overall document. Code we used to replicate is just:

var source = new Document(@"Inputs//696165.dotx");
source.Save("Output//Results.pdf");

Input file and outputs attached: Files.zip (688.3 KB) We used Aspose.Words 21.4, issue occurs both with and without license applied.

Machines that we replicated the issue on have following configuration:
Windows Server 2016
Intel Xeon CPU E7-8891 v4 @ 2.80GHz
12 GB RAM
System type: x64

Please let me know if I can pass any additional info required to replicate the issue. Is there any chance you could propose some workaround for the issue before it’s resolved? UpdateTableLayout() method has no impact.

Thanks,
Mateusz

@acturisaspose,

The problem simply occurs because you are using Aspose.Words for .NET in evaluation mode (i.e. without applying a license). In this case, you need to set the license to get the desired output. If you want to test ‘Aspose.Words for .NET’ without the evaluation version limitations, then you can also request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to How to get a Temporary License? . I have also converted 696165.dotx to PDF format (with licensed version of Aspose.Words) and attached it here for your reference (see 21.4.pdf (226.1 KB)).

Hi @awais.hafeez,

as I’ve mentioned above, this also occurs with the license applied - here is a file created with license PDF_version.pdf (227.8 KB) for your reference.

Thanks,
Mateusz

@acturisaspose,

The “PDF_version.pdf” file you shared was actually produced by using old 21.2 version of Aspose.Words for .NET. Please upgrade to 21.4 version and see how it goes on your end. Also, please make sure that the following font files are installed on your machine where you are performing Word DOTX to PDF conversion:

• Open Sans
  • Wingdings
  • Arial
  • Times New Roman
  • Symbol

In case the problem still remains, then please also ZIP and attach “Open Sans” font file here for further testing on our end.

Hi,

I tried with newer version of Aspose, but the issue is still appearing.
The font you listed are installed on server.
I’m attaching zipped ‘Open Sans’ font file.
OpenSans-Regular.zip (99.6 KB)

Thanks,
Mateusz

@acturisaspose,

I am afraid, I am still unable to reproduce this problem on a Windows 10 & a Windows Server 2012 machines on my end. Can you please share the Aspose.Words 21.6 PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for our reference? Also, please make sure that you had provided the correct source Word document (696165.dotx). After installing the provided Open Sans font, I have converted this DOTX file (696165.zip (179.1 KB)) to PDF format and attached it here for your reference:

Hey,

You can find example input which we use to create documents (in dotx format).
There are also outputs after creation in docx and pdf (where the issue appears only).

exampleToReproduce.zip (633.0 KB)

Can you check if you can spot that issue?

Thanks,
Mateusz

@acturisaspose,

After installing the provided ‘Open Sans’ font, I have converted this DOCX file (NoClientData_CBC New Quote Request.docx) to PDF format and attached it here for your reference:

On second page of this PDF, we can see that the blue rectangle on the right side of page (table cell) is incorrectly overlapping the footer content. The DOTX file causes the same problem. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-22515. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of linked issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Could you please confirm the status of this issue? I can see below:
WORDSNET-22515 ---- Status : Closed
but there’s no comment indicating this.

Thanks,
Michał

@acturisaspose,

Yes, WORDSNET-22515 has now been resolved and the fix of this issue will be included in the next 21.8 version of Aspose.Words for .NET. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the next version containing the fix of this issue will be released during the next week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22515) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.8 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.8 update.