Priority Support Details (Adding Table Rows)

Hello,

Currently we are in the process of upgrading our product that is using Aspose Sides for report generation using PowerPoint 2003 to PowerPoint 2007 format using the new Aspose.Slides.Pptx API.

There has been a lot of changes in the new API compared to the previous one, but still we were able to rewrite most of our code keeping the existing functionality using Extension Methods. but some of the basic features like streaming a shape, Add, Delete Columns are missing in this new API.

And the major problem we are facing is because of the AddRow() method (in pptx (AddClone()) to insert rows. we use it extensively in our products. but in pptx the add Clone method is not working and it seems to be a known bug but still it has been released to public. i have reported regarding it here.

and the workaround given by Mudasser using InsertClone() wouldn’t work for us because we use merged cells etc. so when i try to do that workaround we get the message “It would break merged cells”. now this has been a major show stopper for us. and also as i noted even if the AddClone() method would have worked it would have failed because internally it uses the InsertClone method().

Now before i go ahead and request for priority support i would like to know if i go for it, will get these implemented for me as a hotfix or something to get the same feature as Slides.Table.AddRow() method. which adds a row to end of collection copying its previous row. if so how long would it take approximately for a feedback.

Dear Aneef,

Please follow this link for detailed priority support guidelines. The priority customers are always treated promptly. We try to resolve the issue specified by the priority customers ASAP. If the issue raised by customer is of minor nature, it is resolved quickly. However, if the issue raised is complex in nature then it may take time and the information is shared with the customer at regular intervals about the status of issue. I have requested our purchase team to share some further thoughts with you in response to your queries. We appreciate your patience and will try to help you every possible way.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your update i will inform the management to get in touch with Sales department and get the priority support request.

Regards,
Aneef

Hello,

Thank you for your enquiry. My name is Shelia and I am with the Aspose Sales Team. In answer to your question regarding the Priority Support option:

Using Priority Support will guarantee your issue will get an initial response within 12 hours of it being raised, this does not guarantee a complete resolution will be available within this timescale. If a simple fix can be delivered then this will be issued, hotfixes will take longer and will be provided in consulation with the customer, when a larger fix is required this will be prioritised and fed into normal product development by our development teams but no guarantee can be made to the delivery date of the fix.

Our developers make every effort to resolve issues raised in the Priority Support Forums a quickly as possible and you will be provided frequent updates as to their progress. For a more detailed description of our Priority Support Policies please see the following:

Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.

Hi

Shelia, im trying to call Aspose Sales but couldn’t reach anyone. would you mind providin me the links or details how to purchase the priority support. i tried to go under my purchases and couldnt find any.

Thanks,
Aneef

Edit: Thanks for your support. will get in touch through email.

Hi Aneef,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Usually Priority Support is purchased at the same time as the purchase of your components and can be added during the on line purchase process. If you have already completed the purchase of your components, you will need to send a Purchase Order to sales@aspose.com and we will be happy to place the Priority Support order for you.

Please be sure to let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,